Security giant Symantec on Tuesday acquired Nukona, a privately held provider of mobile application management solutions, for an undisclosed amount.
DLP solutions remain fairly immature, but the need to protect and monitor sensitive information is greater than ever.
Developers can now turn to third-party platforms to meet their credential management needs, says Michael Ginsberg, CEO, Echoworx.
Organizations should consider risk when fixing vulnerabilities, especially considering most bugs are present in third-party applications.
A computer disk containing the personal information of thousands of medical aid applications has gone missing from the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing.
The personal information of thousands of current and former California state employees was improperly copied to a hard drive and removed from state offices.
The sky is not really falling. Instead, there are solutions to the dilemmas we face, even as progress makes surety ever more challenging.
Microsoft on Monday released an emergency fix for a Windows vulnerability that is being exploited to launch attacks against industrial control systems.
The first publicly known zero-day vulnerability to affect Windows XP Service Pack (SP) 2 since Microsoft earlier this month ended support for the platform is being leveraged to execute malware designed to steal sensitive data from critical infrastructure providers.
McAfee announced Tuesday that it has acquired Trust Digital, maker of enterprise mobility management and security software for large enterprises. The deal, terms of which were not disclosed, will allow McAfee to expand its endpoint portfolio to offer solutions to deploy, manage and secure smartphones running on platforms such as the iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile, Palm webOS and Symbian operating systems. In addition, Trust Digital's offerings will be integrated with the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator console to offer centralized management and reporting of mobile devices. — DK
A private equity firm on Tuesday purchased a majority interest of Sophos, which recently dropped plans to IPO, for $830 million.
The nonprofit Trusted Computing Group is offering a new standard for managing clientless devices, a specification that can help organizations avoid gaps in network security.
Deploying an effective endpoint security strategy is essential in a business environment with growing numbers of telecommuters.
A new ransomware variant encrypts files on a computer, but uses a novel twist on monetizing the extortion threat.
President Obama's cybersecurity speech was the most notable information security event from the second quarter of 2009, security vendor F-secure said in its quarterly threat summary. The most notable threats from March to June included the Conficker worm, Twitter attacks, and PDF exploits. Conficker, in particular, "proved to be the most significant malware outbreak in recent years," F-Secure said. — AM
Never mind optimizing search result rankings, malicious attackers now are trying to optimize their tweets.
SC Magazine Articles
- Was Spotify breached? Account info shows up on Pastebin
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Researcher finds backdoor that accessed Facebook employee passwords
- Intelligence court affirms FBI's right to search Americans' emails without a warrant
- Most orgs couldn't quickly detect breach, study
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- The anatomy of a spearphishing scam, or how to steal $100M with a fake email
- 3,000 Tidewater Community College workers victimized in W-2 scam
- Ransomware rampant, but chinks found in its armor
- Mining company's data is more valuable than gold
- PCI DSS version 3.2 release extends multifactor authentication requirement
- RSA EMEA Summit: Writing a security strategy that will make Vivaldi proud
- U.S. CIO hints federal adoption of 'bimodal IT' to balance old and new tech