Most Recent Articles by Ericka Chickowski
Selecting the right NAC vendor can be an arduous process. Ericka Chickowski examines the necessary decisions.
The reality of the security market has brought new demands for any business dealing with large financial institutions. No matter how large or small, or whether public or private, if a partner is handling bank information theyll be subject to the same measure of security as their customers.
Like many businesses, Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC) depends on its application developers to drive value for its organization. As the primary clearing agency in the United States responsible for clearing and settling securities transactions for a wide range of exchanges — including equities, corporate and municipal bonds, and government and mortgage-backed securities — DTCC handles approximately $5.5 trillion in transactions a day through its systems. These transactions are primarily routed through hundreds of applications built in-house.
As the nature of enterprise security and compliance has changed, so too has the way companies have had to manage the digital identity.
Once considered a peripheral communication tool used primarily by only some workers, instant messaging (IM) is now feared by many as a security hazard. For many enterprises, the simple solution was to block IM and force employees to use existing email, phone and fax resources. But the evolution of communication channels is leaving that model in the dust.
More Articles by Ericka Chickowski
Disk with personal information of 2.9 million Georgia residents lost while in possession of breach-prone Affiliated Computer ServicesApr 10,2007
Cover story: Some enterprises benefiting from the convergence of physical and information security assetsApr 01,2007
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- BIND update fixes high-severity flaw affecting ICS, as CERT releases update to CSET tool
- ISACA programme aims to attract more women into technology professions
- End-of-support devices on networks weakening cyberdefenses, report
- Android.Lockerscreen using pseudorandom passcodes to ensure payouts
- FBI investigating hacked mobile phones of Democratic officials