Most Recent Articles by Ericka Chickowski
Selecting the right NAC vendor can be an arduous process. Ericka Chickowski examines the necessary decisions.
The reality of the security market has brought new demands for any business dealing with large financial institutions. No matter how large or small, or whether public or private, if a partner is handling bank information theyll be subject to the same measure of security as their customers.
Like many businesses, Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC) depends on its application developers to drive value for its organization. As the primary clearing agency in the United States responsible for clearing and settling securities transactions for a wide range of exchanges — including equities, corporate and municipal bonds, and government and mortgage-backed securities — DTCC handles approximately $5.5 trillion in transactions a day through its systems. These transactions are primarily routed through hundreds of applications built in-house.
As the nature of enterprise security and compliance has changed, so too has the way companies have had to manage the digital identity.
Once considered a peripheral communication tool used primarily by only some workers, instant messaging (IM) is now feared by many as a security hazard. For many enterprises, the simple solution was to block IM and force employees to use existing email, phone and fax resources. But the evolution of communication channels is leaving that model in the dust.
More Articles by Ericka Chickowski
Disk with personal information of 2.9 million Georgia residents lost while in possession of breach-prone Affiliated Computer ServicesApr 10,2007
Cover story: Some enterprises benefiting from the convergence of physical and information security assetsApr 01,2007
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context