F-Secure Protection Service for Business v4
September 09, 2009
Pricing per license for one year is about $44
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Full software-based internet security suite.
- Weaknesses: Clients need to be installed on each machine, and each machine needs a license.
- Verdict: A good service if you don’t mind deploying and managing endpoint clients.
The F-Secure Protection Service for Business is a completely integrated security platform which consists of two parts. The first part is comprised of client applications that are deployed across the network. The second part is a web portal that can be used to manage clients and to monitor the network. This online management portal makes security information easily available and, via an internet connection, enables the effective management of remote PCs from anywhere. While this addresses management as a service, the infrastructure can be used by the customer as well.
This service is quite easy to use and deployment can be done in various ways, including having the clients deployed and configured or by customers doing the configuration on their own.
Customers can choose from two versions of the service. The standard version gives customers the ability to manage their security in-house using the online management portal, giving them granular control over all aspects of the security applications on their network. However, the advanced version allows the customer to completely outsource the management of the security applications to a value-added reseller (VAR).
F-Secure provides several PDF documents, including customer and reseller admin guides. These include information for configuring the client applications, as well as creating profiles and FAQs. Both manuals have clear step-by-step instructions and also include many screen shots and configuration examples.
F-Secure provides full 24/7 phone and email technical and alert support. There is also an expansive knowledge base and FAQ section available on the vendor website.
Pricing per license for one year is about $44, though this charge can range based on the partner agreement.
This product can become quite expensive in large environments. However, it does include some very nice functionality - such as full software-based firewall, IPS, anti-virus and anti-spyware - which can all be managed and monitored remotely from anywhere. We find this product to be a good value for the money.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought