Most Recent Articles by Fahmida Y. Rashid
The intrusion prevention system is a mainstay of any organization's perimeter-focused security infrastructure, but its days may be numbered as a standalone technology. Yet, its purpose lives on.
With breaches grabbing headlines and cash funneling toward infosec budgets, the role of the security executive is shifting from tech and compliance wonk to savvy businessperson.
WordPress is a common vector of attack because many fail to install the blogging platform's latest patches.
A Windows vulnerability that Microsoft patched back in April continues to be used in targeted attacks against political, industrial and defense organizations.
The spam outbreak that last month flooded the inboxes of Dropbox customers has been traced back to a hacked employee account.
More Articles by Fahmida Y. Rashid
SC Magazine Articles
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- WikiLeaks postings of Turkish emails included active links to malware
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought