Most Recent Articles by Fahmida Y. Rashid
The intrusion prevention system is a mainstay of any organization's perimeter-focused security infrastructure, but its days may be numbered as a standalone technology. Yet, its purpose lives on.
With breaches grabbing headlines and cash funneling toward infosec budgets, the role of the security executive is shifting from tech and compliance wonk to savvy businessperson.
WordPress is a common vector of attack because many fail to install the blogging platform's latest patches.
A Windows vulnerability that Microsoft patched back in April continues to be used in targeted attacks against political, industrial and defense organizations.
The spam outbreak that last month flooded the inboxes of Dropbox customers has been traced back to a hacked employee account.
More Articles by Fahmida Y. Rashid
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Anonymous hacks, 'Rickrolls' ISIS
- IBM, Oracle, Cisco certification manager breached, info accessed
- Hilton Worldwide confirms malware on POS targeted payment card info
- Algebraic Eraser, the algorithm running the 'Internet of Things' is broken...again
- Sony hackers remained hidden for months due to a new toolset: Damballa