Most Recent Articles by Fahmida Y. Rashid
The intrusion prevention system is a mainstay of any organization's perimeter-focused security infrastructure, but its days may be numbered as a standalone technology. Yet, its purpose lives on.
With breaches grabbing headlines and cash funneling toward infosec budgets, the role of the security executive is shifting from tech and compliance wonk to savvy businessperson.
WordPress is a common vector of attack because many fail to install the blogging platform's latest patches.
A Windows vulnerability that Microsoft patched back in April continues to be used in targeted attacks against political, industrial and defense organizations.
The spam outbreak that last month flooded the inboxes of Dropbox customers has been traced back to a hacked employee account.
More Articles by Fahmida Y. Rashid
SC Magazine Articles
- WhatsApp in the spotlight after Turkey publishes messages of coup officers
- Trump's Russian interests and Guccifer 2.0
- Russian hackers take the stage at DNC convention
- Proliferation of hacker culture helped keep Anonymous from being branded terrorist org
- 2.3 million 'Warframe,' 'Clash of Kings' accounts compromised
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild