Information sharing is vital, and it always will be, says Stephen Orfei, general manager at PCI SSC.
Threat actors have free rein while business and government players remain relatively uncoordinated in their responses, reports Alan Earls.
Insurance to cover loss after a data breach is becoming mainstream, but buyers must investigate the options, reports Jesse Staniforth.
The Internet of Things offers convenience, but getting the security right is key, says John Johnson, global security architect at John Deere. Teri Robinson reports.
Even before an organization is breached, these processes should be put in place to limit damage, bolster technical defenses and help repair the brand, reports Larry Jaffee.
Youthful mischief online can wreak havoc for offenders. Can IT security community leaders provide alternatives? Lee Sustar investigates.
Even the best security people can't be expected to know the whole zoo of devices being used across a large organization, reports James Hale.
When does cyberespionage cross the line into cyberwar? Adam Segal at the Council on Foreign Relations has answers. Lee Sustar reports.
The gap between a breach and its detection allows bad guys plenty of opportunity to wreak havoc, reports Joe Aragona.
Profiles of five women who are advancing the IT security field through their advocacy, legal expertise, engineering acumen and entrepreneurial efforts.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- FireEye: First multi-vendor ATM malware targeting cardholders
- Customer data possibly compromised in online photo store malware attack
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield announces breach, 10.5M records at risk
- CVS employee steals data on 55K Molina Healthcare members
- False Facebook 'dislike button' ensnares users
- Stored XSS vulnerability identified in Jetpack plugin for WordPress
- Experian, T-Mobile breach exposes 15 million customers, but what will happen to the data?
- Only a matter of time before cyber-attack hits broader finance
- Don't spend more, spend better: Interview with FireEye's Richard Turner
- Landmark European data protection judgement