We selected seven women whose achievements struck us as not only remarkable but deserving of wider recognition.
These eight women are featured for their noteworthy efforts, which have impacted the field of online security and data privacy for the better.
The pace may be slow but we're moving forward. We explore gender diversity and more in our third annual Women in Security issue.
Executive Editor Teri Robinson caught up with a few women we've honored in the past to see how their careers - and the security landscape - have changed.
New legislation and evolving corporate policies are fighting back against online harassment, reports Doug Olenick.
It's time to broaden the concept of what a career in information security looks like, particularly for women, reports Teri Robinson.
These 10 women were selected for their longstanding contributions to the IT security space.
Successfully defending against socially engineered phishing campaigns means addressing both technological and human vulnerabilities. Doug Olenick reports.
When chief executives flout security rules, the losses can be higher than usual. What should organizations do to help their leaders stay on track with cybersecurity? Karen Epper Hoffman reports.
Repeated exposure of private data is giving rise to a new class of companies promising to clean up the mess - and they don't come cheap. Lee Sustar reports.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- WhatsApp in the spotlight after Turkey publishes messages of coup officers
- Trump's Russian interests and Guccifer 2.0
- WordPress Summer of Pwnage: 64 holes in 21 days
- Russian hackers take the stage at DNC convention
- Proliferation of hacker culture helped keep Anonymous from being branded terrorist org
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Rival cyber-gang leaks private keys of Chimera ransomware
- Fear of hacking: Internet-connected cars and home security video top survey
- LastPass pushes patch for message-hijacking bug; confirms older password-stealing vulnerability
- Stampado RaaS reflective of market trends
- The Tor Project says investigation confirms Appelbaum's sexual misconduct