The IT staff at a Honolulu-based telecommunications company went looking for a security management platform for its managed network and security services. It found what it needed.
The security threat from the Internet of Things (IoT) has grown real because far too many of those sneaky IoT devices fly in under the radar. Corporate maintenance, facilities and operations departments are not accustomed to requesting IT's signoff on purchasing light bulbs or door locks. And yet, when those devices have their own independent - or dependent - communications capabilities, they are an easy backdoor for cyberthieves.
In football, many offensive plays are designed to trick the defense into thinking something else is about to unfold.
Seeking to protect its intellectual property, race car team Andretti Autosport went looking for a security solution.
We selected seven women whose achievements struck us as not only remarkable but deserving of wider recognition.
These eight women are featured for their noteworthy efforts, which have impacted the field of online security and data privacy for the better.
The pace may be slow but we're moving forward. We explore gender diversity and more in our third annual Women in Security issue.
Executive Editor Teri Robinson caught up with a few women we've honored in the past to see how their careers - and the security landscape - have changed.
New legislation and evolving corporate policies are fighting back against online harassment, reports Doug Olenick.
It's time to broaden the concept of what a career in information security looks like, particularly for women, reports Teri Robinson.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack
- Case study: Hawaiian Telcom says aloha to AlienVault security management
- OpenSSL patches 14 vulns, including high-severity flaw that can be exploited for DoS attacks
- Yahoo! data breach likely exceeds 500 million records
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach