Wearable devices efficiently monitor user activity, but also open new targets for malware authors, reports Alan Earls.
The latest iteration of the PCI Security Standard calls for moving beyond simply meeting compliance mandates, reports Jim Romeo.
Simulation exercises show how companies should respond under a cyberattack, says HHS's Sara Hall. Teri Robinson reports.
Apple's iPhone 6 and iOS 8 offer encryption for mobile users, but a focus on consumers can create security conundrums, reports Lee Sustar.
Transparency reports are common these days, but the information they provide can still be difficult to read and understand.
Cyberwarfare is so new that the ground rules are still being established. Nazan Osman provides an overview.
New solutions are gaining traction to complement, or replace, the legacy use of username and password, reports Ashley Carman.
Hardware makers and solutions providers seek to find the right formula for protecting devices - and data, reports Alan Earls.
It's all about what you say and how you say it, says DHS's Phyllis Schneck. Teri Robinson reports.
Next year, EMV migration in the U.S. will inevitability change fraudsters' attack methods.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context