We selected seven women whose achievements struck us as not only remarkable but deserving of wider recognition.
These eight women are featured for their noteworthy efforts, which have impacted the field of online security and data privacy for the better.
The pace may be slow but we're moving forward. We explore gender diversity and more in our third annual Women in Security issue.
Executive Editor Teri Robinson caught up with a few women we've honored in the past to see how their careers - and the security landscape - have changed.
New legislation and evolving corporate policies are fighting back against online harassment, reports Doug Olenick.
It's time to broaden the concept of what a career in information security looks like, particularly for women, reports Teri Robinson.
These 10 women were selected for their longstanding contributions to the IT security space.
Successfully defending against socially engineered phishing campaigns means addressing both technological and human vulnerabilities. Doug Olenick reports.
When chief executives flout security rules, the losses can be higher than usual. What should organizations do to help their leaders stay on track with cybersecurity? Karen Epper Hoffman reports.
Repeated exposure of private data is giving rise to a new class of companies promising to clean up the mess - and they don't come cheap. Lee Sustar reports.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Voter databases in two states breached by foreign hackers, FBI
- Researchers find seven classes of vulnerabilities in iOS sandbox security feature
- Sony enables two-factor authentication for PlayStation
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- New macros attacks use Anti-VM and Anti-Sandbox techniques
- SWIFT warns of new attacks, pushes for security upgrades
- Paypal users targeted in new angler phishing scam, Proofpoint report
- Dropbox commended for its handling of massive data breach involving 68M users
- Google refuses to patch alleged login page flaw
- RIPPER malware suspected behind $350K Thailand ATM heist, report