PricewaterhouseCoopers surveyed more than 700 financial service companies and found that they plan to bulk up their cybersecurity efforts in the coming years.
One-time passwords (OTPs) sent via SMS are increasingly the target of Android malware, the report by Javelin revealed.
Trend Micro detailed the variant and attackers' delivery techniques.
FS-ISAC teamed up with the Depository Trust & Clearing Corp on the Soltra Edge platform which will deliver information on breaches and threats to the financial sector.
Robert Dubuc hacked into various financial accounts and used them to divest money to other accounts and buy pre-paid debit cards.
Lamar Taylor was sentenced in New Jersey this past week for allegedly participating in a cybercrime scheme that accounted for more than $15 million.
The settlement brings some resolve to the 2012 breach, where the bank lost unencrypted backup tapes.
The Corporate Challenge site was one of many avenues tested by persistent attackers, reports reveal.
Fidelity claims, however, that no customer data appears to have been stolen.
MBIA says clients of its subsidiary, Cutwater Asset Management, were impacted.
The malware allowed criminals, with physical access to ATMs, to steal millions, Kaspersky revealed.
As the extent of the Chase breach surfaces, experts urge financial institutions to prepare for continued attacks or face impending consequences.
Needing more than signature-based remedies, First Financial Bank found a way to close the gap between what exists and what's possible. Greg Masters reports.
A Consumer Financial Protection Bureau campaign to curb deceptive banking activities has resulted in U.S. Bank being ordered to refund $48 million.
In an interesting twist, financial malware Citadel was used to infect firms outside of the finance sector via APT attacks, Trusteer found.
The suspect, Godswill Oyegwa Uyoyou, conspired with others to hack bank systems and divert 6.28 billion Naira to mule accounts.
This summer's attack on the bank's network might have helped hackers detect subtle vulnerabilities they could exploit in the future.
The "Cybersecurity: Protecting the Payments Systems" summit will encourage coordination between all cybersecurity and industry entities.
Android devices in Korea have primarily been impacted by the malware.
Hackers exploited a zero-day vulnerability and gained access to sensitive information from JPMorgan Chase and at least four other financial institutions, reports indicate.
More than 12,000 messages have been sent to more than 400 companies as part of a phishing campaign targeting users of Bitcoin wallet Blockchain.info.
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) warned that the incident showcases the growing incidence of ATM skimming fraud.
The guidance is meant to help merchants and third parties better understand their roles and responsibilities in the payment security ecosystem.
Two hackers demonstrated how device vulnerabilities could allow attackers to access sensitive card data using multiple attack vectors.
Trusteer, an IBM company, said the new Citadel configuration was detected this month.
Symantec researchers found a new variant of the banking trojan.
On Tuesday, Trend Micro released a report detailing Operation Emmental, which targets victims in Austria, Switzerland, Sweden and Japan.
Bloomberg revealed that hackers used two zero-day flaws to breach NASDAQ's servers in 2010.
On Wednesday, Symantec released details on the malware's developed features.
Trusteer, an IBM company, revealed details on the bolware variants, which employ new tactics to manipulate web pages used for Boletos transactions.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Regin: nation-state possibly behind the stealthy modular spying malware
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Syrian Electronic Army redirects Gigya, briefly compromises media sites on Thanksgiving Day
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say