According to Accenture's 2015 Global Risk Management Study, financial services and banking executives view cyber & IT risk as their top risk area over the next two years.
There's been quite a bit of lip service paid to the ages-old concept of information sharing, says Illena Armstrong, VP, editorial, SC Magazine..
Italian Financial Police picked up more than 10 people who were purportedly part of an international criminal organization that laundered money from online scams.
Former GCHQ director Sir Iain Lobban will be joining London-based Standard Chartered bank to prevent cybercrime.
An SEC commissioner's chief of staff and shareholder advocacy expert discussed complex disclosure expectations among investors.
The New York State Department of Financial Services issued an update on cyber security in the banking sector with concern to third-party service providers.
Trend Micro warns that the threat could spread, as the sole perpetrator of the attacks is selling the malware.
The malware, which is still spread through phishing emails, is now in its third iteration, Kaspersky Lab researchers revealed.
Trend Micro believes that point-of-sale malware attackers will increasingly target travelers.
Russian authorities have ramped up efforts to locate criminals spreading ATM malware Tyupkin.
Sarah Dahlgren, the New York Fed's head of supervision, announced that the bank had created a team dedicated to cybersecurity.
In this campaign, the banking trojan, also known as Vawtrak, was spread via drive-by download.
Members of the U.S. House of Representatives have announced that they have joined together to form a bipartisan caucus to investigate payment technologies.
The variant takes new measures to avoid VM detection, PhishMe researchers found
But the U.S. still remains the top country in detections, a Symantec report found.
Experts debate whether the financial industry has a leg up in terms of their cybersecurity strategy when compared to other industries.
Trend Micro says attacks, where signed POS malware was used, are tied to the APT group Carbanak.
Neverquest, also known as Vawtrak, is data stealing malware that targets banking information.
Three researchers with the University of Luxembourg have generated a method to expose Bitcoin users that has the potential to work more than half of the time.
PricewaterhouseCoopers surveyed more than 700 financial service companies and found that they plan to bulk up their cybersecurity efforts in the coming years.
One-time passwords (OTPs) sent via SMS are increasingly the target of Android malware, the report by Javelin revealed.
Trend Micro detailed the variant and attackers' delivery techniques.
FS-ISAC teamed up with the Depository Trust & Clearing Corp on the Soltra Edge platform which will deliver information on breaches and threats to the financial sector.
Robert Dubuc hacked into various financial accounts and used them to divest money to other accounts and buy pre-paid debit cards.
Lamar Taylor was sentenced in New Jersey this past week for allegedly participating in a cybercrime scheme that accounted for more than $15 million.
The settlement brings some resolve to the 2012 breach, where the bank lost unencrypted backup tapes.
The Corporate Challenge site was one of many avenues tested by persistent attackers, reports reveal.
Fidelity claims, however, that no customer data appears to have been stolen.
MBIA says clients of its subsidiary, Cutwater Asset Management, were impacted.
The malware allowed criminals, with physical access to ATMs, to steal millions, Kaspersky revealed.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes