Financial Services News, Articles and Updates
Symantec researchers linked a cyber attack on a Philippines bank to the group that stole $81 million from the Bangladesh Central Bank and to the 2014 Sony hack.
Companies benefit by communicating with each other about the attacks they've incurred, reports Jesse Staniforth.
Criminals are lessening their reliance on the PC. The latest proof is a rogue Android application that seeks to steal Spanish banking credentials through a man-in-the-middle-style attack.
While the financial services industry traditionally has been quicker to embrace cybersecurity than other verticals, the challenges it faces, like meeting compliance and deterring fraud, never let up.
A Georgia bank found a tool to protect financial transactions and payments...while meeting compliance demands, reports Greg Masters.
A web-based business embraced social media as a business enabler...after putting in place the right tool, reports Greg Masters.
The Advanced Cyber Security Center will partner businesses and research universities to share threat information and develop more effective defense strategies.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!