Criminals are lessening their reliance on the PC. The latest proof is a rogue Android application that seeks to steal Spanish banking credentials through a man-in-the-middle-style attack.
While the financial services industry traditionally has been quicker to embrace cybersecurity than other verticals, the challenges it faces, like meeting compliance and deterring fraud, never let up.
A Georgia bank found a tool to protect financial transactions and payments...while meeting compliance demands, reports Greg Masters.
A web-based business embraced social media as a business enabler...after putting in place the right tool, reports Greg Masters.
The Advanced Cyber Security Center will partner businesses and research universities to share threat information and develop more effective defense strategies.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Malware on Lime Crime website, payment cards compromised
- Florida law enforcement docs show widespread stingray use, secrecy
- After Superfish-Lenovo incident, Facebook probes larger issue of SSL-sniffing adware
- Gemalto investigates claims that gov't spies hacked SIM card encryption keys
- Disconnect yawns between CISOs, exec leadership, study says
- Carbanak APT campaign made off with $1B from banks globally
- BMW issues security patch for bug allowing attackers physical access into vehicles
- NIST requests final comments on ICS security guide
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- Microsoft phishing emails target corporate users, deliver malware that evades sandboxes
- State breakdowns: Anthem breach by the numbers
- Botnet of Joomla servers furthers DDoS-for-hire scheme
- Study: SMBs lack thorough understanding of state data breach notification laws
- Bug in popular WordPress plugin opens up websites to SQL injection attacks