Because people have behavioral characteristics, the Silver Tail Forensics 3.0 - latest incarnation of this fine tool - can catch and stop them while providing analytical capabilities for forensic analysts.
The ability by organizations to collect mountains of data offers a dream scenario for hackers, but if managed properly, large volumes of information also can present IT staff with unique and valuable insight into an organization's security posture.
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
James Holderman, chief judge of the U.S. District Court in Chicago, is working to improve the e-discovery process for lawyers and IT teams at a time when digital evidence has never been so prolific.
This month, the focus is on analysis. We look at the network through the lens of the SIEM, and we look at digital incidents and cybercrime through digital forensics.
Networking forensic investigators must be equipped with the right tools - and freedom - to do their jobs right.
Counterintelligence: The new mission of IT departments everywhere? Lock down your business travelers for under $10.
Is a sting merely legitimized social engineering? Why cops don't have to tell you they're cops - online or off.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- 'GHOST' bug in Linux library enables remote takeover of victim's system
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Report: From Q3 to Q4, 90 percent increase in global DDoS attacks observed
- Researchers observe databases being encrypted, websites held for ransom
- ZeroAccess botnet reactivates, click fraud activity resumes
- BCBS of Tennessee shares personal data on 80K in marketing campaign
- Tips for organizations in the wake of the biggest corporate hack in history