Because people have behavioral characteristics, the Silver Tail Forensics 3.0 - latest incarnation of this fine tool - can catch and stop them while providing analytical capabilities for forensic analysts.
The ability by organizations to collect mountains of data offers a dream scenario for hackers, but if managed properly, large volumes of information also can present IT staff with unique and valuable insight into an organization's security posture.
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
James Holderman, chief judge of the U.S. District Court in Chicago, is working to improve the e-discovery process for lawyers and IT teams at a time when digital evidence has never been so prolific.
This month, the focus is on analysis. We look at the network through the lens of the SIEM, and we look at digital incidents and cybercrime through digital forensics.
Networking forensic investigators must be equipped with the right tools - and freedom - to do their jobs right.
Counterintelligence: The new mission of IT departments everywhere? Lock down your business travelers for under $10.
Is a sting merely legitimized social engineering? Why cops don't have to tell you they're cops - online or off.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context