Forensics News, Articles and Updates
Because people have behavioral characteristics, the Silver Tail Forensics 3.0 - latest incarnation of this fine tool - can catch and stop them while providing analytical capabilities for forensic analysts.
The ability by organizations to collect mountains of data offers a dream scenario for hackers, but if managed properly, large volumes of information also can present IT staff with unique and valuable insight into an organization's security posture.
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
James Holderman, chief judge of the U.S. District Court in Chicago, is working to improve the e-discovery process for lawyers and IT teams at a time when digital evidence has never been so prolific.
This month, the focus is on analysis. We look at the network through the lens of the SIEM, and we look at digital incidents and cybercrime through digital forensics.
Networking forensic investigators must be equipped with the right tools - and freedom - to do their jobs right.
Counterintelligence: The new mission of IT departments everywhere? Lock down your business travelers for under $10.
Is a sting merely legitimized social engineering? Why cops don't have to tell you they're cops - online or off.
SC Magazine Articles
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Spearphishing attack nets $495K from investment firm
- Updated: Gmail, Yahoo email credentials among millions found on the dark web
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Organizations need formal vendor risk management programs, study
- State Dept. criticized for poor records management, Clinton broke rules, IG report says
- APWG report: Phishing surges by 250 percent in Q1 2016
- Apple rehires crypto legend Jon Callas
- China's quantum communications satellite to improve data security, thwart hackers
- 34% of Brits willing to sacrifice their online safety for weight loss