Most Recent Articles by Frank Washkuch Jr.
An overwhelming majority of end-users surveyed believe Apple's Mac platform will be more widely targeted by cybercriminals in the future.
Attempted cyberattacks on health care organizations have increased 85 percent in the past year, according to SecureWorks, a software-as-a-service vendor.
Scammers are taking advantage of next month's income tax deadline by distributing phishing emails seeking end-users' personal information.
Two Republican congressmen from Illinois have proposed legislation that would update the Social Security card for the age of cybercrime.
A juvenile cohort of botmaster Jeanson James Ancheta pleaded guilty this week to using botnets to infect thousands of PCs, including those used by sensitive government agencies.
More Articles by Frank Washkuch Jr.
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- Report on POS campaign provides peek into scalable tactics of cybercrime duo
- Yahoo! data breach likely exceeds 500 million records
- Boards taking more cyber seriously, driven by regulatory requirements, report finds
- Curtain closes on Ransomware Encryptor RaaS, but with master key
- BIND update fixes high-severity flaw affecting ICS, as CERT releases update to CSET tool