Most Recent Articles by Frank Washkuch Jr.
An overwhelming majority of end-users surveyed believe Apple's Mac platform will be more widely targeted by cybercriminals in the future.
Attempted cyberattacks on health care organizations have increased 85 percent in the past year, according to SecureWorks, a software-as-a-service vendor.
Scammers are taking advantage of next month's income tax deadline by distributing phishing emails seeking end-users' personal information.
Two Republican congressmen from Illinois have proposed legislation that would update the Social Security card for the age of cybercrime.
A juvenile cohort of botmaster Jeanson James Ancheta pleaded guilty this week to using botnets to infect thousands of PCs, including those used by sensitive government agencies.
More Articles by Frank Washkuch Jr.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Regin: nation-state possibly behind the stealthy modular spying malware
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards