Most Recent Articles by Frank Washkuch Jr.
An overwhelming majority of end-users surveyed believe Apple's Mac platform will be more widely targeted by cybercriminals in the future.
Attempted cyberattacks on health care organizations have increased 85 percent in the past year, according to SecureWorks, a software-as-a-service vendor.
Scammers are taking advantage of next month's income tax deadline by distributing phishing emails seeking end-users' personal information.
Two Republican congressmen from Illinois have proposed legislation that would update the Social Security card for the age of cybercrime.
A juvenile cohort of botmaster Jeanson James Ancheta pleaded guilty this week to using botnets to infect thousands of PCs, including those used by sensitive government agencies.
More Articles by Frank Washkuch Jr.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- Sony enables two-factor authentication for PlayStation
- Attacks increase as a result of DDoS-for-hire services
- WhatsApp to share users' phone numbers with Facebook
- Researchers find seven classes of vulnerabilities in iOS sandbox security feature