Most Recent Articles by Frank Washkuch Jr.
An overwhelming majority of end-users surveyed believe Apple's Mac platform will be more widely targeted by cybercriminals in the future.
Attempted cyberattacks on health care organizations have increased 85 percent in the past year, according to SecureWorks, a software-as-a-service vendor.
Scammers are taking advantage of next month's income tax deadline by distributing phishing emails seeking end-users' personal information.
Two Republican congressmen from Illinois have proposed legislation that would update the Social Security card for the age of cybercrime.
A juvenile cohort of botmaster Jeanson James Ancheta pleaded guilty this week to using botnets to infect thousands of PCs, including those used by sensitive government agencies.
More Articles by Frank Washkuch Jr.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Lenovo PCs shipped with 'Superfish,' adware that opens users to MitM attacks
- Florida law enforcement docs show widespread stingray use, secrecy
- Malware on Lime Crime website, payment cards compromised
- After Superfish-Lenovo incident, Facebook probes larger issue of SSL-sniffing adware
- Gemalto investigates claims that gov't spies hacked SIM card encryption keys
- Carbanak APT campaign made off with $1B from banks globally
- BMW issues security patch for bug allowing attackers physical access into vehicles
- NIST requests final comments on ICS security guide
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- Microsoft phishing emails target corporate users, deliver malware that evades sandboxes
- State breakdowns: Anthem breach by the numbers
- Botnet of Joomla servers furthers DDoS-for-hire scheme
- Study: SMBs lack thorough understanding of state data breach notification laws
- Bug in popular WordPress plugin opens up websites to SQL injection attacks