Fraud Detection Technology News, Articles and Updates
As of Monday, at least 80 people were victimized by credit and debit card readers being tampered with.
Visa has enhanced the security of its electronic credit card authorization system, known as VisaNet, to improve the speed and accuracy of fraud detection, the card brand announced Thursday. Earlier this year, Visa improved the processing platform of its Advanced Authorization technology so that it can analyze more information and perform more functions faster. "This provides Visa with a comprehensive view into the global payments system, leading to high levels of intelligence around spending patterns and improving the company's ability to detect and prevent fraud in near real-time," Visa said. The company believes the improvements could lead to a 29 percent gain in fraud detection over 2009. - DK
Commercial bank account holders are not offered the same degree of liability protection as financial institutions, reports Dan Kaplan.
SC Magazine Articles
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Spearphishing attack nets $495K from investment firm
- Updated: Gmail, Yahoo email credentials among millions found on the dark web
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Organizations need formal vendor risk management programs, study
- State Dept. criticized for poor records management, Clinton broke rules, IG report says
- APWG report: Phishing surges by 250 percent in Q1 2016
- Apple rehires crypto legend Jon Callas
- China's quantum communications satellite to improve data security, thwart hackers
- 34% of Brits willing to sacrifice their online safety for weight loss