Trend Micro and ClearSky published an updated report on Rocket Kitten, a state-sponsored group targeting Israeli and European organizations.
In his keynote address at the RSA Conference in San Francisco, Art Coviello discussed the NSA allegations and also outlined four principles that would serve as a set of standards when it comes to cyber warfare.
Hackers and InfoSec experts need to stand up and become part of a wider plan to influence and reform government legislation on information security, so says Rapid 7 global security strategist Trey Ford.
A retired U.S. Marine general may be the source of the public disclosure of Stuxnet, an easy-to-exploit Facebook vulnerability was unveiled, and other news around the security industry.
Video game players are used to fending off alien invaders, but the IT staff at Electronic Arts (EA) was challenged to reduce cyber risk within its own environment.
Global companies facing a slew of regional laws, as well as small and midsized companies required to meet regulatory demands, need governance, risk and compliance solutions.
The primary driver for security should be to cut risk rather than attempting to churn through an unending string of audit and compliance exercises.
Data protection laws can be more effective if simpler, says JAS Global Advisors' Jeff Schmidt.
Check Point Software Technologies bolstered its portfolio Monday with the acquisition of privately held Dynasec, a 7-year-old, Israel-based provider of governance, risk management and compliance solutions.
Two sides weigh in on whether the federal government should become involved in the distribution of certifications for security professionals.
IBM on Wednesday announced that it has agreed to acquire Waltham, Mass.-based risk and compliance management software provider OpenPages for an undisclosed sum. In a news release, IBM said the acquisition will expand its ability to help businesses address risk management and compliance challenges. OpenPages, which will be integrated within IBM's Business Analytics software portfolio, offers solutions to assist organizations with internal audits, vendor risk management and IT risk and compliance management. The company has more than 200 clients, including Barclays, Duke Energy and Carnival Corp. — AM
Board members and senior management are exercising less IT security governance, and the economic downturn may be to blame, according to a survey released by Carnegie Mellon University.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- ENCRYPT Act, Comey testimony show stark differences toward encryption
- Third-party app stores riddled with malicious apps, Trend Micro warns
- IBM: Phishing scams a major cause of bank breaches
- Panel approves Cobert as nominee for OPM director
- F-Secure: New malvertising campaign delivers ransomware via Skype, browsers