Video game players are used to fending off alien invaders, but the IT staff at Electronic Arts (EA) was challenged to reduce cyber risk within its own environment.
Global companies facing a slew of regional laws, as well as small and midsized companies required to meet regulatory demands, need governance, risk and compliance solutions.
The primary driver for security should be to cut risk rather than attempting to churn through an unending string of audit and compliance exercises.
Increased threat levels will lead to a budget realignment toward security.
Check Point Software Technologies bolstered its portfolio Monday with the acquisition of privately held Dynasec, a 7-year-old, Israel-based provider of governance, risk management and compliance solutions.
IBM on Wednesday announced that it has agreed to acquire Waltham, Mass.-based risk and compliance management software provider OpenPages for an undisclosed sum. In a news release, IBM said the acquisition will expand its ability to help businesses address risk management and compliance challenges. OpenPages, which will be integrated within IBM's Business Analytics software portfolio, offers solutions to assist organizations with internal audits, vendor risk management and IT risk and compliance management. The company has more than 200 clients, including Barclays, Duke Energy and Carnival Corp. — AM
In the world of acronyms, information technologists seem to lag behind only government agencies in their ability to create jargon and abbreviations of cryptic concepts. IT-GRC is one member of the IT lingo club. The Information Technology Infrastructure Library, or ITIL, is a fellow acronym gaining more acceptance and popularity within the IT industry. ITIL provides a common framework to formalize a service-oriented management approach within IT and improve interaction between IT and the business.
Brinqa, provider of governance, risk and compliance solutions, has named Bob Cleason director of sales for the eastern and federal regions. He will be tasked with creating new business and revenue opportunities for the company. Prior to joining, Cleason served for eight years as a director in Ernst & Young╒s Information Technology Advisory Services practice. www.brinqa.com
EMC on Monday acquired arguably the most successful pure-play GRC provider, Archer Technologies.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- House, in rush vote, passes Intelligence Authorization Act
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- Phishing email contains Word doc, enabling macros leads to malware infection
- U.S. accounts for most Mac OS X attacks and websites seeded with malware
- Neverquest botnet furthers crimeware-as-a-service biz for fraudsters
- Solo attacker likely responsible for phishing campaign, delivering Zeus variant
- Telecommunications companies on the line with FTC, FCC for cramming schemes
- The 10 POS malware families this holiday season
- White House calls Sony hack a "serious national security matter," gov't mulls proper response