Video game players are used to fending off alien invaders, but the IT staff at Electronic Arts (EA) was challenged to reduce cyber risk within its own environment.
Global companies facing a slew of regional laws, as well as small and midsized companies required to meet regulatory demands, need governance, risk and compliance solutions.
The primary driver for security should be to cut risk rather than attempting to churn through an unending string of audit and compliance exercises.
Increased threat levels will lead to a budget realignment toward security.
Check Point Software Technologies bolstered its portfolio Monday with the acquisition of privately held Dynasec, a 7-year-old, Israel-based provider of governance, risk management and compliance solutions.
IBM on Wednesday announced that it has agreed to acquire Waltham, Mass.-based risk and compliance management software provider OpenPages for an undisclosed sum. In a news release, IBM said the acquisition will expand its ability to help businesses address risk management and compliance challenges. OpenPages, which will be integrated within IBM's Business Analytics software portfolio, offers solutions to assist organizations with internal audits, vendor risk management and IT risk and compliance management. The company has more than 200 clients, including Barclays, Duke Energy and Carnival Corp. — AM
In the world of acronyms, information technologists seem to lag behind only government agencies in their ability to create jargon and abbreviations of cryptic concepts. IT-GRC is one member of the IT lingo club. The Information Technology Infrastructure Library, or ITIL, is a fellow acronym gaining more acceptance and popularity within the IT industry. ITIL provides a common framework to formalize a service-oriented management approach within IT and improve interaction between IT and the business.
Brinqa, provider of governance, risk and compliance solutions, has named Bob Cleason director of sales for the eastern and federal regions. He will be tasked with creating new business and revenue opportunities for the company. Prior to joining, Cleason served for eight years as a director in Ernst & Young╒s Information Technology Advisory Services practice. www.brinqa.com
EMC on Monday acquired arguably the most successful pure-play GRC provider, Archer Technologies.
SC Magazine Articles
- Was Spotify breached? Account info shows up on Pastebin
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Researcher finds backdoor that accessed Facebook employee passwords
- Over 7M Minecraft mobile credentials exposed after Lifeboat data breach
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- The anatomy of a spearphishing scam, or how to steal $100M with a fake email
- FBI investigating attack against computer networks at U.S. law firms
- Ransomware rampant, but chinks found in its armor
- Mining company's data is more valuable than gold
- PCI DSS version 3.2 release extends multifactor authentication requirement
- RSA EMEA Summit: Writing a security strategy that will make Vivaldi proud
- U.S. CIO hints federal adoption of 'bimodal IT' to balance old and new tech