How serious is the risk of visual hacking in your organization? Consider who may be viewing, photographing and collecting sensitive information from your offices and electronic devices when staff is mobile.
Back in 2013, the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA) hacked The Washington Post's site, redirecting visitors to hacker-controlled pages.
As Anonymous activity drops, iSIGHT Partner's Joe Gallop boldly predicts the demise of the hacktivist collective but says other groups are stepping up to fill the void.
The New York resident, Mario Chuisano, was also ordered to pay nearly $2.7 million in restitution.
Researchers at Trend Micro have detected malware that they say was used by pro-ISIS sympathizers to hack into a French TV station.
Days after hacktivist collective Anonymous warned Israeli companies and websites that it would begin its annual cyber attack campaign against the country on Tuesday, one Israeli political party's website was defaced.
The New York Police Department's (NYPD) Captains Endowment Association website was hit by a cyber attack over the weekend.
Canada deported self-proclaimed Anonymous member Matt DeHart.
Edward Snowden's Russian lawyer claimed to be working with U.S. and German lawyers to negotiate the return of the fugitive whistleblower.
Alleged Anonymous member Matt DeHart was deported back to the U.S. and now faces child pornography charges.
An NSA data center in Salt Lake City may have drawn the ire of hackers, an AP report suggests.
In Q4 2014, Akamai observed an even busier season for attackers than expected.
Visitors to the Malaysia Airlines website were redirected to a spoof page displaying a lizard wearing a tux, monocle and top hat.
Since last week's attacks in France, hacking attempts have been made against roughly 19,000 French websites, the AP reported on Thursday.
The hacktivist collective's new campaign is in response to the recent attack on Charlie Hebdo and aims to target and report terrorist Twitter accounts.
A group calling itself CyberCaliphate has claimed credit for the hack, which included militant messages and links to local and state government documents.
Early reports suggest that the news organization being threatened is CNN.
According to reports, hackers were in the Sony Pictures network for months gathering passwords and the like before launching their attacks.
Barrett Brown appeared in federal court in Dallas Tuesday for sentencing, but will now have to wait until January to hear his fate.
Hackers that felled Sands Las Vegas websites exploited a weak link in the casino's networks to launch a wiper malware attack.
Hector Monsegur remembered his arrest during an interview with Charlie Rose and went on to elaborate on security threats the U.S. faces.
Geoffrey Commander was sentenced to 10 days in jail by a federal judge in Virginia for a DDoS attack on MasterCard.
The hacktivist collective released a video on Monday expressing their disagreements with recent ordinances aimed at the homeless of the city.
Protesting the grand jury decision not to indict the police officer who shot Michael Brown, the hacktivists' post links to wizard's personal data on pastebin.
Julian Assange remains holed up in Ecuador's U.K. embassy after a court refused to rescind a warrant for Assange's arrest, which could ultimately result in his extradition to the U.S.
FireEye researchers have observed ties between DDoS attacks against Hong Kong pro-democracy protesters and APT activity based in China.
The research presents techniques for distinguishing legit data leaks from false claims.
FireEye analyzed the hacking group's use of the malware, dubbed the "Dark Edition" of BlackWorm.
An Israeli broadcasting regulator confirmed that the incident occurred.
On Monday, ad network Taboola confirmed that it was hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes