The guidance is organized into 10 categories, and serves as "starting point for a more complete code," report authors said.
The Ohio-based health care provider is notifying nearly 1,000 patients that three computers in its Cardiac Cath Lab were infected with malware.
ICS-CERT is now aware of more vulnerabilities impacting Hospira infusion pumps.
An annual health care study found that criminal attacks replaced device theft and loss as the leading cause of breaches.
An independent researcher identified the improper authorization vulnerability and insufficient verification of data authenticity flaw.
Biopharma companies need a secure digital signing infrastructure. SureClinical found an answer for them, reports Greg Masters.
The Atlanta-based medical testing lab has, again, filed to have FTC's complaint dismissed.
Two unnamed hospitals have signed on to test the WhatsAppDoc platform developed to detect malware in outdated medical devices by monitoring AC consumption.
Experts consider the lasting impact of data brokers, and potential breaches, on genetic information.
Anthem breach investigators initially claimed that tools, linked exclusively to Chinese espionage attackers, were used against the health insurer.
Of the approximate 78.8 million people whose information was accessed by hackers earlier this month, anywhere from 8.8 to 18.8 million of those affected include non-members.
When it comes to healthcare security, if you think compliance is the only thing you need to worry about, think again.
A unit of AIG Inc. is the primary cyber insurer for Anthem, according to a recent report in Business Insurance.
Plaintiffs in California, Georgia, Indiana and Alabama have filed suits and Anthem warned customers to brace for more phishing scams.
Experts argue that encryption is not the key piece in the Anthem breach if the incident involved a targeted attack on admin credentials.
Mandiant was brought on site Tuesday, after Anthem started their own internal investigation.
The amount of information stored in our medical records creates a ripe environment for security breaches. The health care sector is in search of information security analysts.
LabMD can challenge the FTC's enforcement authority in federal court once the agency comes to a final decision on the exposure of patient data.
The HITRUST Alliance and Deloitte will coordinate cyber town hall meetings in major U.S. cities.
The mission of the working group will be to enhance health information technology (HIT) security.
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie signed the legislation last Friday.
The privacy controls will be added to version 7 of HITRUST's CSF due out later this month.
Anchorage Community Mental Health Services (ACMHS) must pay $150,000 and integrate an action plan to meet HIPAA compliance.
PaymentsMD and its former CEO will have to destroy all information collected related to its Patient Health Report service.
A number of Websense threat predictions point back to the vulnerable healthcare industry as a major target for cybercriminals.
Security firm Bitglass analyzed three years worth of HHS breach records for its report.
News about data breaches in the healthcare sector continues unabated.
Alberta Health Services is apologizing following a data breach at Alberta Children's Hospital.
A new system aimed at not only promoting threat intelligence in the health care industry, but automating it, was announced Wednesday.
The recommendations are aimed at providing better protecting patient health and data, as well as hoping device manufacturers take into account cybersecurity risks in the early stages of development.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes