HTTPS News, Articles and Updates
Websites using HTTPS will be given higher priority in searches.
The latest version of Mozilla's popular Firefox browser has expanded its security features.
Twitter has joined a short-list of major web brands that have turned on the secure browsing capability, HTTPS, by default.
Google has turned on encrypted search by default. The tech giant announced in a blog post Tuesday that users, over the next few weeks, will be automatically directed to https://www.google.com when they sign into their accounts. The secure channel will help protect search terms and results pages from being intercepted by a third party. As a result, websites won't have access to each individual search query that drives traffic to their site, but they still will be able to view a list of the top 1,000 queries via Google Webmaster Tools. Users wanting to send their individual search entry to advertisers, so they can improve their campaigns, can opt to still do so by clicking on an ad appearing on the search results page.
Facebook is rolling out two-factor authentication to fight against the possibility of unauthorized account access.
Privacy International, a nonprofit privacy watchdog, is pressuring Skype to address concerns over the security of its services.
A federal lawmaker is calling on a number of high-profile websites to adopt a more secure web protocol to prevent wireless hackers from hijacking their users' data.
Facebook on Wednesday announced a new security feature designed to deter attackers from snooping on users who browse the social networking site via public wireless networks.
SC Magazine Articles
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- WikiLeaks postings of Turkish emails included active links to malware
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- Cisco shedding 7% of its workforce
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- After NSA leaks, a renewed interest in vulnerability disclosure
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Saving money on security software by improving cyber posture, report
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen