Industrial Control Systems News, Articles and Updates
Updates are available following US Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) issuing advisory warning of "weakly protected" credentials in Siemens SIMATIC WinCC flexible industrial control system.
In this video, AccessData's Lucas Zaichkowsky chats with SC Magazine's Danielle Walker on EMV design flaws.
Three U.S. Air Force information security experts, independent of their role in the military, studied the Duqu trojan, and you might be surprised by what they found. This is the second article in a two-part series that examines the sophisticated threat that everyone is talking about.
Three U.S. Air Force information security experts, independent of their role in the military, studied the Duqu trojan, and you might be surprised by what they found. This is the first article in a two-part series that examines the sophisticated threat that everyone is talking about.
A piece of malware that has drawn comparisons to the notorious Stuxnet worm is using an unknown Windows kernel vulnerability to infect its targets.
A sibling of one of the most complex and potentially menacing computer worms ever created has impacted roughly five Europe-based manufacturers of industrial control systems, security researchers said Tuesday.
A scheduled talk on vulnerabilities in industrial control systems, which operate things like power plants and oil refineries, was shelved Wednesday after the affected vendor was unable to develop a working fix in time.
SC Magazine Articles
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Voter databases in two states breached by foreign hackers, FBI
- Ransomware: The evolution of cybercrime, a roundtable
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!
- SWIFT warns of new attacks, pushes for security upgrades
- Paypal users targeted in new angler phishing scam, Proofpoint report
- Dropbox commended for its handling of massive data breach involving 68M users
- Google refuses to patch alleged login page flaw
- RIPPER malware suspected behind $350K Thailand ATM heist, report