Intrusion Prevention Systems
WHAT: Cloud-based IDS/IPS/forensics managed security service.
PRICE: Bronze Software Sensor starts at $1,089/year (single core performance).
VENDOR: Silver Tail Systems
WHAT: Adjusts website flows to stop fraudsters while offering no impact to legitimate users.
PRICE: No actual price provided. Two-year term licenses based on the number of users monitored.
VENDOR: Corero Network Security
WHAT: A standalone, purpose-built IPS.
WHAT: A distributed appliance-based offering modeled on the Snort detection engine.
WHAT: An intelligent packet-filtering system that detects sophisticated network intrusion attempts and actively records and/or stops such attempts.
PRICE: $54,495 as tested (lower performance models start at $6,495)
WHAT: Provides threat protection for demanding networks.
PRICE: Range from $10,995 to $229,995
VENDOR: CounterSnipe Technologies
WHAT: Provides network-based intrusion prevention security.
PRICE: from $500/site license
PRICE: starts at under $500 per month per device
VENDOR: Secure Works
PRICE: starting at $550 per month
VENDOR: Perimeter eSecurity
PRICE: $300-$800 per month
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Regin: nation-state possibly behind the stealthy modular spying malware
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Syrian Electronic Army redirects Gigya, briefly compromises media sites on Thanksgiving Day
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say