Intrusion Prevention Systems Reviews
WHAT: Cloud-based IDS/IPS/forensics managed security service.
PRICE: Bronze Software Sensor starts at $1,089/year (single core performance).
VENDOR: Silver Tail Systems
WHAT: Adjusts website flows to stop fraudsters while offering no impact to legitimate users.
PRICE: No actual price provided. Two-year term licenses based on the number of users monitored.
VENDOR: Corero Network Security
WHAT: A standalone, purpose-built IPS.
WHAT: A distributed appliance-based offering modeled on the Snort detection engine.
WHAT: An intelligent packet-filtering system that detects sophisticated network intrusion attempts and actively records and/or stops such attempts.
PRICE: $54,495 as tested (lower performance models start at $6,495)
WHAT: Provides threat protection for demanding networks.
PRICE: Range from $10,995 to $229,995
VENDOR: CounterSnipe Technologies
WHAT: Provides network-based intrusion prevention security.
PRICE: from $500/site license
PRICE: starts at under $500 per month per device
VENDOR: Secure Works
PRICE: starting at $550 per month
VENDOR: Perimeter eSecurity
PRICE: $300-$800 per month
SC Magazine Articles
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack
- Case study: Hawaiian Telcom says aloha to AlienVault security management
- OpenSSL patches 14 vulns, including high-severity flaw that can be exploited for DoS attacks
- Yahoo! data breach likely exceeds 500 million records
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach