Apple has fixed two critical vulnerabilities in Safari 6, as well as flaws in iOS 6.
Admitting to the vulnerability, Apple is suggesting that users employ iMessage as a workaround.
The computing giant's first-ever foray into speaking at Black Hat about its security didn't reveal much more than what already was known.
The "Find and Call" app, which uploads a user's contact list to a remote server so its developers can spam friends and colleagues of the victim, is the first malware to enter the Apple App Store.
Flame, Stuxnet, breach at LinkedIn and other security news
Users of Apple's new mobile operating system, set for final release in the fall, will now be able to grant or deny apps from accessing personal data.
A difficult-to-find vulnerability, disclosed in March at Google's inaugural hacker competition, was among the iOS fixes.
Apple on Wednesday updated its iOS mobile operating system to rectify more than 80 vulnerabilities.
The threats associated with mobile devices can come in many forms, so there are a number of best practices one can put in place to thwart potentially disastrous consequences.
Google's open source programs manager launched a written tirade against mobile anti-virus companies, which he called "charlatans" and "scammers."
Apple on Wednesday issued much-anticipated updates for its Mac OS X and iOS mobile operating system, adding support for its new iCloud service, and fixing a bevy of security flaws.
Mobile botnets are nowhere near as big as PC zombie networks, but the threat is growing, according to a new report from Damballa.
Apple on Friday issued an update for its iOS mobile operating system, addressing a security flaw being used to jailbreak iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch devices.
As Apple devices gain more traction in the office, IT administrators must follow best practices to ensure these endpoints can be trusted.
Users may soon be able to run Flash within an app on an iPhone or iPad.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context