Apple has fixed two critical vulnerabilities in Safari 6, as well as flaws in iOS 6.
Admitting to the vulnerability, Apple is suggesting that users employ iMessage as a workaround.
The computing giant's first-ever foray into speaking at Black Hat about its security didn't reveal much more than what already was known.
The "Find and Call" app, which uploads a user's contact list to a remote server so its developers can spam friends and colleagues of the victim, is the first malware to enter the Apple App Store.
Flame, Stuxnet, breach at LinkedIn and other security news
Users of Apple's new mobile operating system, set for final release in the fall, will now be able to grant or deny apps from accessing personal data.
A difficult-to-find vulnerability, disclosed in March at Google's inaugural hacker competition, was among the iOS fixes.
Apple on Wednesday updated its iOS mobile operating system to rectify more than 80 vulnerabilities.
The threats associated with mobile devices can come in many forms, so there are a number of best practices one can put in place to thwart potentially disastrous consequences.
Google's open source programs manager launched a written tirade against mobile anti-virus companies, which he called "charlatans" and "scammers."
Apple on Wednesday issued much-anticipated updates for its Mac OS X and iOS mobile operating system, adding support for its new iCloud service, and fixing a bevy of security flaws.
Mobile botnets are nowhere near as big as PC zombie networks, but the threat is growing, according to a new report from Damballa.
Apple on Friday issued an update for its iOS mobile operating system, addressing a security flaw being used to jailbreak iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch devices.
As Apple devices gain more traction in the office, IT administrators must follow best practices to ensure these endpoints can be trusted.
Users may soon be able to run Flash within an app on an iPhone or iPad.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes