Apple has fixed two critical vulnerabilities in Safari 6, as well as flaws in iOS 6.
Admitting to the vulnerability, Apple is suggesting that users employ iMessage as a workaround.
The computing giant's first-ever foray into speaking at Black Hat about its security didn't reveal much more than what already was known.
The "Find and Call" app, which uploads a user's contact list to a remote server so its developers can spam friends and colleagues of the victim, is the first malware to enter the Apple App Store.
Flame, Stuxnet, breach at LinkedIn and other security news
Users of Apple's new mobile operating system, set for final release in the fall, will now be able to grant or deny apps from accessing personal data.
A difficult-to-find vulnerability, disclosed in March at Google's inaugural hacker competition, was among the iOS fixes.
Apple on Wednesday updated its iOS mobile operating system to rectify more than 80 vulnerabilities.
The threats associated with mobile devices can come in many forms, so there are a number of best practices one can put in place to thwart potentially disastrous consequences.
Google's open source programs manager launched a written tirade against mobile anti-virus companies, which he called "charlatans" and "scammers."
Apple on Wednesday issued much-anticipated updates for its Mac OS X and iOS mobile operating system, adding support for its new iCloud service, and fixing a bevy of security flaws.
Mobile botnets are nowhere near as big as PC zombie networks, but the threat is growing, according to a new report from Damballa.
Apple on Friday issued an update for its iOS mobile operating system, addressing a security flaw being used to jailbreak iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch devices.
As Apple devices gain more traction in the office, IT administrators must follow best practices to ensure these endpoints can be trusted.
Users may soon be able to run Flash within an app on an iPhone or iPad.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Study: Open Source Software use increasing in enterprises but without vulnerability monitoring
- RSA Conference 2015: Prepare for the IoT before it's too late, Sorebo warns
- 'Aaron's Law' returns to Congress
- RSA 2015: Tension continues to grow between govt, cryptographers
- Data at risk for 9,000 individuals following unauthorized access to SRI Inc. website
- Study: Conficker declared top threat of 2014, but N. America targeted mainly by AnglerEK
- RSA 2015: Straight talk about encryption, bulk surveillance and IoT
- RSA 2015: In the healthcare industry, security must innovate with business
- RSA 2015: Unintended use of aircraft systems next challenge for counterterrorism community
- RSA 2015: Bug hunting and responsible vulnerability disclosure