April 2008 19 4 Issue of SCMagazine
SC Magazine April 2008
Compliance seemed the dominating topic at this year's recent Infosec WorldConference & Expo in Florida.
With no foreseeable end to IT security risks, security programs should always remain top priorities.
The help desk is often seen as the face of the IT organization, so any drop in credibility can bring negative consequences to IT's future, ...
AIG's CSO Paul DeGraaff says security professionals must gauge the risks of a younger workforce, Dan Kaplan.reports.
In this special section, we look at IT security implementations at several retail locations and investigate which solutions are effective for retail chains.
Retailers are having a tough time coming into compliance with PCI DSS, but there are solutions out there, reports Deb Radcliff.
Boyne Resorts needed an easier way to protect its network and retail points-of-sale. It found a solution, reports Greg Masters.
The TJX data breach has made wireless encryption a priority for retailers and other enterprises. Frank Washkuch Jr. finds out why.
This month we are addressing application vulnerabilities and web-based threats.
The product consists of a network-based database vulnerability assessment component, a database monitoring component and a central management console.
Fortify Source Code Analysis Suite 4.5 is a suite of components used to perform static source code analysis.Strengths Powerful analysis of source code. Solid documentation ...
HP WebInspect 7.7 (SPI Dynamics is now part of HP Software) is a standalone web application testing product.
IBM's Rational AppScan 7.7 (Watchfire is now an IBM company) is a standalone web application assessment product that is part of IBM's Rational software group.
Ounce Labs 5.0 is a static source code analysis solution based primarily on two separate components.
iSEC Partners Security QA Toolbar is a browser-based add-in for Internet Explorer, and is used to perform web application vulnerability testing directly within the browser ...
The Barracuda Web Filter 310 is a solid device with some very nice features.
This appliance is loaded with features beyond the usual web filter.
This product not only features URL and web filtering, but also many traffic shaping and application controls.
This product adds some very nice features including time-based web URL filtering and anti-phishing by blocking access to phishing sites.
This product has many nice features from basic web URL filtering and image blocking to file type blocking and media filtering.
The Pearl Echo Suite provides monitoring and control on many web-based fronts.
From initial setup to configuration to management this product is very easy to use.
This suite scans protocols such as HTTP and FTP, as well as web-based email.
Websense Express focuses in on three distinct areas of web content management.
This web content management package offers high flexibility for the large enterprise.
Cenzic Hailstorm Enterprise ARC 5.5 is a centrally managed web application assessment product.
Computer users could use the help of security professionals, says Michael Seese.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks
- RIG EK rigged to steal tricks from Neutrino in fight to fill Angler's void
- SWIFT adds additional protective measures for members to ensure cybersecurity compliance
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- Pagers found leaking patient health information
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack