August 2010 Issue of SCMagazine
A company new to the information security marketplace is reportedly outsourcing its software development for both its consumer and enterprise security solutions to programmers in ...
The latest industry news: personnel announcements, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships
Threat of the month
MS Windows Help Center
2 minutes on
For the past several years, hotels have been hit hard by data thieves.
Skills in Demand
Whether it is the Big Four, vendors selling services or niche consulting firms, all seem to be expanding their consulting services teams.
Me and my job
How to measure success in cybersecurity.
Do anti-virus test results accurately reflect the real-world capabilities of products? SafenSoft CEO Michael Kalinichenko takes a look.
A new regulation provides an opportunity for enterprises to take a look at their security databases to determine if the systems in place will help ...
It is imperative that a team approach be used to meet the security needs of state business, says Kris Rowley, CISO, state of Vermont.
The effects of last year's regulatory changes have already begun to surface, reports Angela Moscaritolo.
A number of companies try to do right by their customers by installing protections - before a data breach happens, says Ford's Scott Roundy. Dan ...
Security information and event management (SIEM) tools have frustrated many - yet they are here to stay, reports Beth Schultz.
Two SC Magazine events in November bring together many of the security industry's leading figures, as well as showcase top vendors.
Analysis is a major piece of what we do today in information assurance.
Group Test 1
A well-rounded, feature-rich application that is one of the best all-in-one forensic products available.
A tool that you can use to help with some of those frustrating problems you may come across in the field.
A hardware appliance used to monitor a network and capture and warehouse network traffic.
Analyzes live systems and system images for peer-to-peer clients and peer-to-peer network connections.
Features standard data acquisition and allows for the acquisition of deleted data.
WetStone US-LATT provides investigators with the ability to collect critical, live system data.
This tool allows users to collect and analyze data from a hard drive, an image or over the network.
Group Test 2
A powerful application that provides a web-based system that contains a multitude of SIEM capabilities.
This appliance offers four modules that are integrated together to provide an in-depth look into compliance, security events, log management and database security.
The LogRhythm appliance offers some very powerful functionality for log management and security event management.
Provides event log and application log monitoring and management across a wide variety of hosts and devices all from a centralized web base management console.
Combines log management with a powerful log correlation engine to provide a very deep look into network security events.
The latest release of the ESM adds some nice new features and enhances some existing ones.
The EventTracker can not only provide SIEM functions, but also USB device monitoring, system change management and automatic remediation by taking action to shutdown or ...
Provides users with the ability to manage and analyze logs and events from Windows, Linux and UNIX systems in one integrated application.
A very powerful tool that can provide a deep look into network events and system logs with granular controls.
Captures and collects logs from several devices and network sources and stores them in their raw unaltered state for correlation and analysis.
Uses a large set of listeners and services to gather logs from several network devices and hosts and, once gathered, the appliance saves the logs ...
The idea behind BitFlare is that you use a free CD to examine a computer.
Now is the time to make privacy a corporate priority, says Craig Spiezle of the Online Trust Alliance.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks
- RIG EK rigged to steal tricks from Neutrino in fight to fill Angler's void
- SWIFT adds additional protective measures for members to ensure cybersecurity compliance
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- Pagers found leaking patient health information
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack