August 2008 Issue of SCMagazine
The rise of organized online crime will be a major challenge in the next few years, says Illena Armstrong, editor-in-chief, SC Magazine.
Compliance is an opportunity to run operations in a more consistent and predictable manner, says Harish Rao, chairman & CEO, nSolutions.
More and more companies are getting requests for FISMA control assessments, says David Lawson, director, risk management and compliance, Acumen Solutions.
The march to a near cashless society advances, says Nancy Edwards, VP/CSO, State Auto Insurance Companies.
With e-discovery laws in effect, companies find benefits to data archiving, says TLC Vision's Roger McIlmoyle.
To keep up with its expansion, Denver-based Frontier Airlines sought to centralize its firewall needs.
Small- and medium-sized enterprises are often ignored by security vendors, and contend with unsavvy users a lot.
Data breach laws have proven to be helpful to consumers, but daunting to those charged with enforcement.
Can the Federal Information Security Management Act have an upside to the government, Eric Butterman asks.
The U.S. should engage with the world to combat cyberthreats, says Howard Schmidt.
Keeping web technologies out of the workplace can have a detrimental effect on morale, says Yuval Tarsi.
This month we look at two aspects of verification and validation: policy management and vulnerability assessment.
A Java-based web management platform that enables users to manage many key aspects of SonicWALL’s product line.
A web-based configuration and change management solution for network devices.
A series of client server and web-based components designed to assist with workstation/server configuration and vulnerability management.
A combination of client server and web-based components to help organizations manage configurations of workstations and servers.
A suite of client server and web components that are primarily used for network security device configuration management, as well as auditing to support change ...
An appliance-based security operations solution that is used to manage policies for firewalls only.
This product is the ultimate tool for finding and exploiting possible holes in a network.
This product incorporates all the great features of the Retina Scanner with added capabilities for compliance and patch management.
The GFi LANguard Network Security Scanner focuses into three areas of network security scanning.
A fairly robust vulnerability scanner that enables administrators to identify and scan all network-attached assets for three types of vulnerabilities.
This tool is customized and tailored to the environment for absolute pinpoint accuracy and in-depth vulnerability analysis.
A feature-packed vulnerability assessment and risk analysis tool that always goes beyond expectations.
Two great tools wrapped up to work together to provide an in-depth view of vulnerabilities throughout a network.
This product can be used to audit Windows, Cisco or Solaris systems, as well as Oracle and SQL database servers.
The StillSecure VAM appliance is serious vulnerability management in a single device.
The way I see these products is that we are really looking at two products. The first is Nessus and Passive Vulnerability Scanner, and the ...
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context