December 2010 Issue of SCMagazine
With people out of work, insider threats spike and budgets often plummet, says Illena Armstrong.
Michael Brown, a retired U.S. Army colonel, has joined Deloitte's federal technology risk practice as a senior manager.
Threat of the month
A new Firefox add-on can cause serious repercussions for users surfing the web on public Wi-Fi.
2 minutes on
Cyberwar moved from hypothetical to theoretical with the discovery of Stuxnet.
Skills in Demand
The demand for pros who can be a part of an incident response team is growing.
Me and my job
A monthly Q&A with an IT security professional.
Free anti-virus software is as effective in protecting users as a paid solution.
From my perspective, 2010 has been a critical year for global payment card security efforts that may ultimately result in a significant reduction in future ...
Enterprises are under constant seige from cyberthreats that continue to evolve to new levels of sophistication, reports Deb Radcliff.
The financial crisis will have a lasting impact, but some organizations have found ways of doing more with less.
The list is comprised of researchers, a college CISO, a nonprofit exec who wants to eliminate software flaws and a 39-year-old who found happiness in ...
2010 was a long year. So for those wanting to stroll down memory lane, we took some of the work out of the trip with ...
Now is the time to redefine your approach to face today's threats, says Irfan Saif, principal at Deloitte & Touche.
This month we examine product and thought leaders in our annual issue on innovation, and welcome five companies into the Hall of Fame Class of ...
Products: Industry Innovators
In this special year-end section, we call out companies that are leading the fray with their mission, product development and more.
A recognition of the products and services selected by Technology Editor Peter Stephenson and his SC Lab team in 2010 as Best Buy, Recommended and ...
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards