December 2010 Issue of SCMagazine
With people out of work, insider threats spike and budgets often plummet, says Illena Armstrong.
Michael Brown, a retired U.S. Army colonel, has joined Deloitte's federal technology risk practice as a senior manager.
Threat of the month
A new Firefox add-on can cause serious repercussions for users surfing the web on public Wi-Fi.
2 minutes on
Cyberwar moved from hypothetical to theoretical with the discovery of Stuxnet.
Skills in Demand
The demand for pros who can be a part of an incident response team is growing.
Me and my job
A monthly Q&A with an IT security professional.
Free anti-virus software is as effective in protecting users as a paid solution.
From my perspective, 2010 has been a critical year for global payment card security efforts that may ultimately result in a significant reduction in future ...
Enterprises are under constant seige from cyberthreats that continue to evolve to new levels of sophistication, reports Deb Radcliff.
The financial crisis will have a lasting impact, but some organizations have found ways of doing more with less.
The list is comprised of researchers, a college CISO, a nonprofit exec who wants to eliminate software flaws and a 39-year-old who found happiness in ...
2010 was a long year. So for those wanting to stroll down memory lane, we took some of the work out of the trip with ...
This month we examine product and thought leaders in our annual issue on innovation, and welcome five companies into the Hall of Fame Class of ...
A recognition of the products and services selected by Technology Editor Peter Stephenson and his SC Lab team in 2010 as Best Buy, Recommended and ...
Now is the time to redefine your approach to face today's threats, says Irfan Saif, principal at Deloitte & Touche.
Products: Industry Innovators
In this special year-end section, we call out companies that are leading the fray with their mission, product development and more.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks