February 2009 20 2 Issue of SCMagazine
The shared creation and release of such critical programming errors and the detailed fixes for them will prompt a huge change in the way organizations ...
Threat of the month
2 minutes on
The internet is about to get more social. Facebook recently announced the rollout of its new Connect service, which allows users to take their identities ...
With today's technologies, it's easier than ever to make a document, presentation, spreadsheet or video available to anyone anywhere -- so much so that someone ...
One of the greatest challenges organizations face in maintaining security is managing security gear from all the many different security and network equipment providers.
Given the issues that we face daily, given our liability, legal and regulatory environments, the seriousness of what we do, and the effect it has ...
Botnets are the bed bugs of security, says MAAWG's Michael O'Reirdan, reports Dan Kaplan.
One of the biggest challenges for any multinational company is navigating the matrix of regional regulatory requirements, reports Greg Masters.
The pool of venture capital for IT security is dwindling, but spending for security is rising. This creates opportunities, reports Deb Radcliff.
As attacks continue to evolve, signature-based anti-virus solutions evolve with them, reports Chuck Miller.
As companies like Deutsche Telekom have learned, attackers are going after databases, reports Deb Radcliff.
As we work our way through this rocky economic climate, establishing security in a way that ensures trust is going to be critical in maintaining ...
We're always happy to hear from you, our readers. Please send your comments, praise or criticisms to scfeedbackUS@haymarketmedia.com. We reserve the right to edit letters.
The IDsentrie 1000 from A10 Networks is a well-rounded identity management device. This appliance has many features to help streamline managing existing users and adding ...
The Avatier Identity Management Suite, or AIMS, takes a full service approach to user lifecycle management.
Evidian Enterprise SSO is the single sign-on piece of Evidian’s much larger IAM (Identity and Access Management) Suite.
The Imprivata OneSign appliance is a one-stop user management and provisioning shop. This product can be set up to take on many roles. OneSign seamlessly ...
The Passlogix v-GO Access Accelerator Suite includes in one group the full gamut of the v-GO line. This suite includes six components that work together ...
The Quest One Identity Solution from Quest Software is an interesting product. It can use not only an existing Active Directory structure to manage users ...
Celo from Commerce Media is a tokenless, two-factor authentication product that can be deployed either as an in-house or hosted solution.
BlackShield ID is a web services based strong authentication server providing integrated provisioning and management.
Deepnet Security Limited’s Unified Authentication Platform v3.11 is a single integrated security platform for provisioning, managing and verifying all types of user and host authentication ...
For organizations challenged with securing removable media, the Stealth MXP provides an easy-to-use answer.
The Defender v5.3 from Quest Software provides strong two-factor authentication through a variety of token options.
Rohos Logon Key v2.5 converts any USB flash drive into a security token for a computer, and it allows access to a Windows or Mac ...
The RSA SecurID Appliance, running the RSA Authentication Manager software v7.1, provides centralized authentication while administering and managing policies for the enterprise.
StrikeForce Technologies ProtectID is a multifactor authentication platform using out-of-band phone (PIN, OTP via SMS, OTP via voice), OTP via email, hard token and OATH ...
Aladdin’s eToken PRO is a strong and cost-effective two-factor authentication password management solution.
Entrust IdentityGuard v9.1 provides an enterprise platform enabling strong authentication for the Windows desktop, remote access deployments, as well as VPN and web-based applications.
The notion of true multifactor authentication is based on the concept of combining into a single authentication mechanism something you have, something you know and ...
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Regin: nation-state possibly behind the stealthy modular spying malware
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Syrian Electronic Army redirects Gigya, briefly compromises media sites on Thanksgiving Day
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say