January 2009 20 1 Issue of SCMagazine
After the success of our inaugural SC World Congress and Expo in December, we're kicking off 2009 on a high note.
Threat of the month
2 minutes on
Some regard a new state data breach law as a model, others see it as too strict.
Compliance expenses aren't optional, but getting more from your compliance investments is a possibility.
Security teams must be integrally involved from the beginning in a discussion about transforming the enterprise to the cloud model.
Conducting security assessments of critical service providers is an essential part of an enterprise risk management program.
A slumping economy will have a bearing on spend for safeguarding critical data in more ways than expected, reports Illena Armstrong.
With federal law enforcement veteran Kathleen Kiernan leading the way, InfraGard is ready for its coming-out party, reports Dan Kaplan.
Many experts are optimistic that the Obama administration will take positive measures in cybersecurity, reports Angela Moscaritolo.
The winners of the prestigious 2009 SC Awards U.S. will be announced on Tuesday, April 21 in San Francisco.
The SC World Congress brought together IT security thought leaders and solutions from an array of vendors.
We're always happy to hear from you, our readers.
This product integrated most of the malware solutions while providing an efficient, streamlined user-friendly offering.
This product consists of several modules. There is the ERA Server, ERA Console, ERA Mirror server and client computers running ESET AV, Server Edition or ...
The F-Secure Policy Manager was easy to use and installed in about 30 minutes. The Policy Manager was capable of managing our anti-virus and client ...
This solution provides real-time protection with files being scanned when accessed, created or modified. Protection for files, web or email content is included. Protection for ...
The LANDesk Security Suite application contained both the management suite and the client agents, which was nice. The deployment, however, was reliant on multiple server-based ...
Savant Enterprise Management System (SEMS) takes a unique approach to malware protection. The product is geared to stopping the zero-hour threats. It does this by ...
The SonicWALL Email Security solution is a purpose built appliance providing gateway email content filtering and protection from viruses, spyware, trojan horses, worms and other ...
The InterScan Web Security Virtual Appliance (IWSVA) is a gateway solution providing protection for web-based threats via HTTP and FTP. The product is delivered as ...
The Web Site Firewall Model 460 is an application protection firewall, which resides on a single appliance device.
The VPN Firewall Brick is a selective, but major upgrade over the stateful inspection firewall commonly deployed in the late 1990s. It is an appliance ...
The first conference I attended was a Check Point conference in 1996. The company pioneered stateful inspection, and it seemed that a good portion of ...
WebDefend is an application firewall that protects the organization in many ways. It takes a different approach to SSL-based traffic than most other devices.
If you’ve considered SonicWALL before and didn’t take the plunge, now is the time. This offering is an appliance-based tool, which runs on a 1U ...
This appliance-based offering runs on a 1U rack-mounted device. The Secure Firewall provides eight Ethernet interfaces, which can be separately addressed and configured. The tool ...
This completely unique offering from Applicure protects IIS- or Apache-based web servers running on a Microsoft Windows machine. However, while dotDefender has unique characteristics, many ...
The cost and technical benefits of virtualization have created an internal frenzy to move more systems to a virtual environment.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- Logjam attack exposes data passed over TLS connections
- Google releases Chrome 43, addresses 37 bugs
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Android ransomware distributed to English speakers in spam campaign
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- Study: Average cost of data breach is $6.5M
- Data acquired from non-IRS sources enabled access to 100K taxpayer accounts
- Ransomware threat 'Locker' has sleeper component
- Beacon Health System notifies patients of possible data compromise
- Data security in the 21st century: Essentials of solid protection