January 2011 Issue of SCMagazine
One of the findings in SC Magazine's fourth annual "Guarding Against a Data Breach" survey is that you can get compliant with a sound security ...
The latest personnel announcements and other company news.
Threat of the month
P2P DNS is the latest proposal for an alternative Domain Name System (DNS) service, one that strives to replace ICANN as the authority.
2 minutes on
After WikiLeaks began publishing secret U.S. diplomatic cables in late November, a number of pundits asked how the federal government failed to detect and prevent ...
Skills in Demand
Many retailers are looking for architects and associate architects in information security.
Me and my job
A monthly Q&A with an IT security professional.
Organizations will be better able to handle data breaches in 2011.
Health care chief information security officers (CISOs) have to ask themselves, "What exactly are the security and privacy requirements around EHR?"
Today's complex threat landscape must give rise to fresh security ideas, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Advanced Research Projects Agency is helping to ...
SC Magazine's annual data breach survey shows that budgets will remain stagnant as threats continue to evolve.
Some say that the United States, compared to Europe and Canada, long has lagged in terms of privacy controls for consumers, but stricter regulations could ...
Our two gatherings - the third annual SC World Congress in New York and inaugural SC Congress Canada in Toronto - illustrated the vitality of ...
The winners of the prestigious 2011 SC Awards U.S. will be announced on Tuesday, Feb. 15 in San Francisco.
We kick off the year with strong authentication as our theme. That includes multifactor and biometric authentication.
Group Test 1
PersonID from 360 Biometrics can be used to provide fingerprint identification of employees, partners or any authorized person that is enrolled into the system.
The ACTAtek combination unit offers biometric security for doors and physical access points.
The Bayometric Griaule Fingerprint SDK is not a physical product but a full development kit for software developers to incorporate biometrics into applications throughout the ...
DigitalPersona Pro Enterprise offers fully integrated biometric fingerprint logon capabilities for the enterprise infrastructure.
The e-DATA Fingerprint Key is the biometric heart of a full-access control system.
The Fujitsu PalmSecure device is a small cube sensor that uses near-infrared light to capture a person's palm vein pattern.
The Stealth Key M700 Bio from MXI Security allows fully manageable multifactor authentication, including any combination of fingerprint, PIN and smart card.
Group Test 2
Entrust IdentityGuard is an open, versatile authentication platform that enables security across diverse users, transactions and applications.
HID on the Desktop is based on HID’s naviGO technology, which manages the logon and logging functionality on Windows-based PCs.
PhoneFactor v3.0 provides tokenless authentication and identity support through three easy methods of multifactor authentication.
Quest Defender v5.6 uses the power and flexibility of Active Directory to provide strong two-factor authentication for the organization.
Rohos Logon Key Server v2.7.6 allows users to access a Windows computer in an easy, fast and secure way using any USB key (USB flash ...
This product is from a brand new company and I predict big things for it if the management team continues down the road they're on ...
Large vendors are bundling major components of information security into their stack offerings, says TheInfoPro's Ken Male.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Website observed serving 83 executable files, more than 50 percent malware
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- TeslaCrypt used to extort over $76K in recent months
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes