January 2012 Issue of SCMagazine
Jan. 2012 issue
Nearly two-thirds of respondents to our fifth annual "Guarding Against a Data Breach" survey say their budgets related to IT security and data protection will ...
News briefs: HP LaserJet printers faulted, massive data breach at Sutter Health, Twitter purchased Whisper Systems, etc.
A flaw discovered in HP LaserJet printers could allow attackers to steal documents, a water utility pump failure was not the result of a cyber ...
2 minutes on
A recent string of alarming incidents highlights glaring shortcomings in the security of the nation's critical infrastructure.
Skills in Demand
Companies are moving into the cloud. As a result, demand for cloud security architects and engineers is growing.
Me and my job
Kevin Sanchez-Cherry, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Department of Education
When Apple announced iCloud at its Worldwide Developers Conference last June, it set acolytes abuzz with anticipation.
When it comes to real-time threats, if your executives expect you to prevent all breaches, you're overdue for a talk.
The Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) would block access to rogue websites without hampering security.
Michael Evans VP of marketing at Mandiant, Stuart McClure named worldwide chief technology officer at McAfee, and other announcements.
It's vital to understand how to talk about security to senior executives in order to prevent a data breach, says Dan Srebnick, CISO of the ...
Stealthy, targeted attacks are real -- as evidenced by operations such as Shady RAT and Stuxnet -- and there isn't a one-size-fits-all remedy to deal ...
Sometimes a little bit of competition is what it takes to get students on the path to careers in security. Software engineer Alex Levinson, who ...
Security conversations are as audible as ever, yet budgets remain largely flat. However, an expected influx of compliance audits may serve as the driver for ...
Data security measures have a long, storied history of meeting their demise on Capitol Hill. But two proposals have the bipartisan support that give them ...
It's time to rethink the basic approach to protecting our businesses, and new technologies are leading the way, says Cisco CSO John Stewart.
Here at the SC Lab, we have been preparing for an exciting 2012 as we somewhat change up the format of our product pages. Owing to ...
Group Test 1
ActivIdentity 4TRESS Authentication Appliance FT2011 is a versatile server providing strong authentication to a wide range of services and online applications.
The Cryptocard Blackshield Server v3.1 is designed as an authentication service delivery platform, automating all tasks around user and token management, provisioning, reporting and billing.
DualShield v5.2 from Deepnet Security is a unified authentication platform, using the versatile authentication server model.
DigitalPersona Pro Enterprise v5.2 is a centrally managed suite of solutions – access management, data protection and secure communications – that protect data and control ...
IdentityGuard from Entrust offers a plethora of multifactor authentication methods that can be used throughout the enterprise, as well as for customer-facing web applications, such ...
PhoneFactor provides the addition of second-factor authentication using something everyone has: This product uses a phone as a token.
This product leverages an already existing Microsoft Active Directory or LDAP (lightweight directory access protocol) structure to add multifactor authentication to a host of services ...
The PINsafe from Swivel Secure takes a user’s fixed personal identification number and randomly generates a one-time login code that is sent to the user ...
The Digipass Go 7 and Identikey Server from Vasco Data Security work together to provide strong multifactor authentication throughout the enterprise.
The NetClarity NACWall Nano is NAC on steroids, sized and priced for small and midsize businesses (SMBs).
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards