July 2009 20 7 Issue of SCMagazine
Preventing access to Web 2.0 sites altogether isn't the right move.
Threat of the month
2 minutes on
President Obama's recent announcement unveiling a protection plan for the nation's digital infrastructure and a new federal cyber coordinator position was met with both praise ...
The areas of security and privacy have grown substantially more complex in recent years, says Deloitte & Touche's Ted DeZabala.
The increased sophistication of internal and external threats requires a culture-driven approach to data security, says Ed Gaudet, Liquid Machines.
True security cultures are created via a transparent process that offers equal parts of praise and punishment, says Experian's Stephen Scharf.
An academic health center based in Houston found assistance in the provisioning of users across its network, reports Greg Masters.
Despite dwindling budgets, some IT departments are finding ways to become more efficient and secure, reports Angela Moscaritolo.
Large and small enterprises are facing a number of issues when it comes to forensic investigations, reports Deb Radcliff.
When a breach occurs, customers expect more than an apology, says Bob Maley, Pennsylvania's CISO. Dan Kaplan reports.
SC World Congress 2009 gathers a first-class speaker roster, Security Innovators Throwdown and a vendor showcase.
The Safend Data Protection Suite is an encryption (and endpoint protection) software solution that consists of a centralized management console, which runs on IIS and ...
BeCrypt DISK Protect is a standalone software solution that offers whole disk encryption protection for host machines.
Mobile Guardian Enterprise Edition is a client-server encryption architecture that deploys encryption policies from a centralized management console to various Windows-based clients and mobile devices.
DESlock+ is a software-based product that contains both a central administration server component, as well as a client application to manage encryption in the enterprise.
PGP’s Whole Disk Encryption is a software application that provides multiple encryption options for a host machine.
StormShield Flexible Data Encryption by SkyRecon is a client-server-structured software solution that provides file- and folder-based encryption to host machines.
SafeGuard Enterprise from Sophos is a series of software-based components that comprise an entire modular suite.
WinMagic SecureDoc v4.6 is a software-based solution which provides a centrally managed encryption platform.
Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management ES is a client-server-based digital rights management (DRM) product that integrates with most existing infrastructure, including directory systems, operating systems and ...
SafeNet’s HASP SRM controls access to protected software applications either through a hardware dongle or through a virtual dongle that resides on the end-user’s hard ...
The CI Appliance from Code Green Networks provides scanning of network traffic for sensitive content, and based on policy can block, allow, quarantine, retain a ...
EMC Documentum Information Rights Management (IRM) encrypts and persistently protects documents from unauthorized viewing, copying and printing, regardless of where the document physically resides.
The Fidelis Extrusion Prevention System (XPS) is a full-function, high-end system that can combat data leakage on many fronts.
The GTB Inspector is designed to protect the enterprise from data leakage.
NextLabs Enterprise DLP is an all-around, full-featured data leakage prevention and digital rights management product.
The SecureMetric SecureDongle X provides license protection so that software developers can protect their software against piracy.
The appliance can be accessed through SSH, but only the customized Rohati commands are available, and there are no services turned on that are not ...
Organizations can secure access to applications across domains using federation, says Eric Olden.
We're always happy to hear from you, our readers. Please send your comments, praise or criticisms to scfeedbackUS@haymarketmedia.com. We reserve the right to edit letters.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- DetoxCrypto ransomware imitates Malwarebytes software
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks
- Yahoo faces congressional action and class action lawsuits following historic data breach
- Case study: Hawaiian Telcom says aloha to AlienVault security management
- Pippa Middleton's iCloud account hacked
- OpenSSL patches 14 vulns, including high-severity flaw that can be exploited for DoS attacks
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks