July 2009 20 7 Issue of SCMagazine
Preventing access to Web 2.0 sites altogether isn't the right move.
Threat of the month
2 minutes on
President Obama's recent announcement unveiling a protection plan for the nation's digital infrastructure and a new federal cyber coordinator position was met with both praise ...
The areas of security and privacy have grown substantially more complex in recent years, says Deloitte & Touche's Ted DeZabala.
The increased sophistication of internal and external threats requires a culture-driven approach to data security, says Ed Gaudet, Liquid Machines.
True security cultures are created via a transparent process that offers equal parts of praise and punishment, says Experian's Stephen Scharf.
An academic health center based in Houston found assistance in the provisioning of users across its network, reports Greg Masters.
Despite dwindling budgets, some IT departments are finding ways to become more efficient and secure, reports Angela Moscaritolo.
Large and small enterprises are facing a number of issues when it comes to forensic investigations, reports Deb Radcliff.
When a breach occurs, customers expect more than an apology, says Bob Maley, Pennsylvania's CISO. Dan Kaplan reports.
SC World Congress 2009 gathers a first-class speaker roster, Security Innovators Throwdown and a vendor showcase.
We're always happy to hear from you, our readers. Please send your comments, praise or criticisms to scfeedbackUS@haymarketmedia.com. We reserve the right to edit letters.
The Safend Data Protection Suite is an encryption (and endpoint protection) software solution that consists of a centralized management console, which runs on IIS and ...
BeCrypt DISK Protect is a standalone software solution that offers whole disk encryption protection for host machines.
Mobile Guardian Enterprise Edition is a client-server encryption architecture that deploys encryption policies from a centralized management console to various Windows-based clients and mobile devices.
DESlock+ is a software-based product that contains both a central administration server component, as well as a client application to manage encryption in the enterprise.
PGP’s Whole Disk Encryption is a software application that provides multiple encryption options for a host machine.
StormShield Flexible Data Encryption by SkyRecon is a client-server-structured software solution that provides file- and folder-based encryption to host machines.
SafeGuard Enterprise from Sophos is a series of software-based components that comprise an entire modular suite.
WinMagic SecureDoc v4.6 is a software-based solution which provides a centrally managed encryption platform.
Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management ES is a client-server-based digital rights management (DRM) product that integrates with most existing infrastructure, including directory systems, operating systems and ...
SafeNet’s HASP SRM controls access to protected software applications either through a hardware dongle or through a virtual dongle that resides on the end-user’s hard ...
The CI Appliance from Code Green Networks provides scanning of network traffic for sensitive content, and based on policy can block, allow, quarantine, retain a ...
EMC Documentum Information Rights Management (IRM) encrypts and persistently protects documents from unauthorized viewing, copying and printing, regardless of where the document physically resides.
The Fidelis Extrusion Prevention System (XPS) is a full-function, high-end system that can combat data leakage on many fronts.
The GTB Inspector is designed to protect the enterprise from data leakage.
NextLabs Enterprise DLP is an all-around, full-featured data leakage prevention and digital rights management product.
The SecureMetric SecureDongle X provides license protection so that software developers can protect their software against piracy.
The appliance can be accessed through SSH, but only the customized Rohati commands are available, and there are no services turned on that are not ...
Organizations can secure access to applications across domains using federation, says Eric Olden.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Website observed serving 83 executable files, more than 50 percent malware
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- TeslaCrypt used to extort over $76K in recent months
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes