July 2008 19 7 Issue of SCMagazine
SC Magazine July 2008
For this year's SC Magazine Salary and Career Survey, we touched base with a large number of industry players.
Successful leaders build the capacity to achieve results beyond their expectations, says Michael Cooper, principal, LEVER/edge.
Security efforts tend to be misdirected, piecemeal, wrong-sized or inefficient, says Don Gray, vice president, Solutionary.
Information security pros neither face wage boons nor badlands this year, reports Illena Armstrong.
Advanced degrees in information security are popping up with increasing frequency, but are they worth the time? Cynthia Phillips at Brandeis says yes, reports Dan ...
Troon Golf, with 190 courses in 32 states, found a more efficient and cost-effective way to link its links, reports Greg Masters.
Protecting identity during web transactions provides peace of mind to consumers and end-users, reports Eric Butterman.
Integrating the networking and IT security staffs delivers operational benefits, but comes with challenges, reports Jim Carr.
This month, Technology Editor Peter Stephenson and the crew at SC Labs looked at remote access and access control.
The SPX3000 appliance from Array Networks combines many good features for making network resources easily accessible to users outside the network.
The BiGuard S6000 extends the network to the remote user.
The Kerio WinRoute Firewall is an interesting product for this category.
The Aventail EX-1600 is a high-end SSL VPN designed for the needs of medium to large enterprises.
The SonicWALL SSL-VPN 2000 focuses its feature set toward becoming more than just a virtual network.
This product brings together some highly comprehensive features in an easy-to-manage package.
The BigFix Enterprise Server (BES) is a highly scalable software environment.
If you are looking for a NAC device, make sure to start with the offering from Bradford before trying anything else.
The ForeScout CounterACT works much like a network sniffer looking for malicious sources.
NACwall Micro is an amazingly feature-rich product, despite being only slightly larger than the average digital camera.
The Sophos NAC Advanced product is a well-designed offering which balances the need for ease of administration with network protection.
With StillSecure Safe Access, every device starts in the quarantine network segment and has to test out of quarantine to reach devices on the protected ...
The offering from Symantec is much larger than the scope of this review.
Like the sky box in a sports stadium, Skybox SRM offers an overall view of everything.
The private sector must appreciate its role in national security, say Richard A. Clarke and Kiersten Todt Coon.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes