May 2008 19 5 Issue of SCMagazine
SC Magazine May 2008
Any discussion of the IT industry's future inevitably turns to the overarching trend of "greening."
I believe that doing things right the first time adds nothing to the cost of a product or service
Security, just like quality, is job number one. In fact, for Dan Lohrmann, chief information security officer with the state of Michigan, security has become ...
How do you keep fast-food employees from using line-of-business computers for the wrong reasons?
Companies with a global reach must have a plan for dealing with overseas compliance and cyber incidents, Dan Kaplan learns.
Staying clear of an FTC investigation isn't as simple as knowing "right" from "wrong," Jim Carr reports.
Servers hosting trusted sites are prime targets for attackers who want to prey on user PCs and steal data, reports Jack Rogers.
The forensics market has matured sufficiently to allow us to break the genre into two groups: media forensics and network forensics.
Forensic Toolkit (FTK) is one of the most full-featured sets of products.
Feature rich is the first phrase that comes to mind when using the Gargoyle Investigator Enterprise Module (GEM).
We are fans of open source software and that is exactly what Helix 1.9 is.
We found Paraben Device Seizure to be the easiest of the utilities for cell phone forensics.
The Niksun NetDetector goes way beyond simple network-based forensics.
This product focuses mostly on doing forensic-based analysis across the network on a computer while it is live -- without being detected.
This product is designed as a first step in locating target systems in large networks.
The LogLogic LX 2010 provides customers with a good feature set for network forensic investigations.
This is a serious log analysis tool. It covers all the bases that you need to cover for network forensics.
This solution does exactly what I wanted a product such as this to do: allow assignment of specific admin privileges on a very granular basis.
The combination of its functionality, its ease of use and the company’s business model make PhoneFactor from Positive Networks a highly innovative multifactor authentication solution.
ProDiscover Forensics 4.9 is a utility best used for analysis of an entire system.
Increasing network islands requires simple security solutions.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!