November 2010 Issue of SCMagazine
Chicken Little could relate to the likely thoughts of all those cybersecurity players who have warned time-and-again that it isn't a matter of 'if' cyberwar ...
The latest news
DLP for data in motion is more effective than DLP that secures data at rest.
A vulnerability in Adobe Reader/Acrobat is being actively exploited as a zero-day that allows the the execution of arbitrary code when the user opens a ...
A fresh proposal to create internet-specific wiretapping regulations is reigniting the debate over how far the government should go.
The latest company news
Michael Mongold, security executive, fast-food company
Skills in Demand
There are no shortages of companies looking for penetration tester candidates on a contract or permanent basis.
While teleworking improves overall productivity and morale, from a security pro's perspective, the worry of trading security and visibility for productivity is a nightmare.
New generations of hackers are well-funded, may be legally protected, and either are funded or otherwise sanctioned by sovereign governments.
Security is not compliance, and compliance is not security.
A major library system in California wanted to increase internet speed and performance to its users while still protecting them.
Gary Warner of the University of Alabama at Birmingham wants to pursue small-time cybercriminals through a new partnership teaming university researchers and local and state ...
The Google-China attacks, revealed in January, kicked off a year in which the threat of cybespionage to steal corporate and government secrets firmly entrenched itself ...
Experts explain how organizations can best implement a cyberthreat intelligence initiative to collect, analyze and share data to detect and respond to an existing compromise ...
While there are two major types of VPN products - SSL and IPsec - they are not interchangeable and they really don't compete with each ...
Group Test 1
The Barracuda SSL VPN 480 offers full-featured, easy-to-use remote access to desktops and resources.
This product features the ability to create and publish applications to a web-based portal so users can access them remotely.
The Cyberoam CR-SSL-800 from Elitecore Technologies Ltd. provides an SSL VPN with a twist.
The Succendo SSL VPN from O2Security allows users to remotely access resources on the internal network from almost anything with a web browser.
The StoneGate SSL VPN from Stonesoft offers a full, web-based clientless SSL VPN for users to gain remote access securely to company network resources.
The WatchGuard SSL offers an abundant amount of functionality and flexibility.
Group Test 2
Astaro Security Gateway v8 provides a full unified threat management perimeter solution on the platform of one's choice.
The CipherOptics CEP series of network encryption devices combine with CipherEngine Policy and Key Manager to encrypt traffic across a range of network types, sizes ...
NCP Secure Enterprise Client & Management is a one-click VPN software client suite that combines seven separate endpoint security functions into a single product.
The ProSafe SRX5308 connects a local area network (LAN) to the internet through up to four external broadband/WAN ports, allowing users to increase their effective ...
A new product from Netronome called SSL Inspector claims to be the first product of its type that does both in-band and out-of-band analysis.
Solely relying on your vendors is a mistake, says Sourcefire's Matthew Olney.
SC Magazine Articles
- WordPress Summer of Pwnage: 64 holes in 21 days
- Deal with the devil: Ransomware experiment proves you can negotiate price down
- 2.3 million 'Warframe,' 'Clash of Kings' accounts compromised
- WhatsApp in the spotlight after Turkey publishes messages of coup officers
- Microsoft EOP exposes users to data breaches, whitepaper
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks
- Trump's Russian interests and Guccifer 2.0
- Russian hackers take the stage at DNC convention
- TSA master key hackers expose dangers of physical and digital key escrow policies
- Patchwork cyberespionage campaign branches out to strike businesses
- Proliferation of hacker culture helped keep Anonymous from being branded terrorist org