October 2008 Issue of SCMagazine
Recent bipartisan legislation introduced in the Senate aiming to protect the intellectual property of U.S. corporations is a noble thought. But will it work?
2 minutes on
With the amount of online campaign donations setting records and more Americans turning to candidate websites for news, the internet has turned into a money-making ...
Migration of IT systems to the DHS's National Center for Critical Information Processing and Storage is reportedly moving slowly, says Bill Unrue, president, Anonymizer.
Judging by the number of public breaches that we keep hearing about, it looks like the bad guys are far outrunning the good guys, says ...
Dealing with a security issue itself is clearly the priority - stopping the damage and doing triage. Once things are under control, a more detailed ...
Sidney Gellineau, CIO, NYC Transit, embraces the original vision of NAC - to vet unmanaged guest devices, reports Dan Kaplan.
Encryption is as good as it is going to get, but problems arise when it's poorly implemented, reports Chuck Miller.
The inaugural SC World Congress takes place December 9-10 in New York City's Javits Convention Center.
The underground network of hackers and cyber profiteers are under more pressure from law enforcement, reports Deb Radcliff.
Many experts say SQL injection, compliance and insider threats are the top database security topics, reports Frank Washkuch.
This month the focus is on protecting documents. We approached the problem from two directions: hiding the contents of the document and managing what a ...
Applied Security fideAS is a client server-based architecture that provides software-based encryption for files, folders and peripheral devices on host machines.
Ceelox Vault 2.1 is a client software product that uses software-based encryption to create encrypted "vault" folders on the hard drive.
GuardianEdge Hard Disk Encryption 9.1 is an Active Directory (AD) integrated full disk encryption solution.
PGP Whole Disk Encryption is a client software application that provides whole disk encryption as part of PGP's suite of encryption products.
SafeNet ProtectDrive 8.4 is a software-based encryption solution that uses a client-server-based architecture for full disk encryption.
SafeNet DataSecure File System Connector is an appliance-based solution that helps to secure sensitive information located on file servers, databases and applications.
Secude FinallySecure 9.2 is both a hardware and software-based solution for full disk encryption
Secuware Security Framework 4.0 is a directory service integrated product that contains a server and client software app used to manage whole disk or file/folder ...
Utimaco's SafeGuard Enterprise 5.3 is actually five components that roll into one product suite.
WinMagic SecureDoc Enteprise Edition 4.5 is a client server architecture that provides software-based full disk encryption to host client machines
SecurStar’s DriveCrypt Plus Pack Enterprise Edition 2.2 is a centrally managed server product used to disseminate whole disk encryption policies to client endpoint machines.
Avoco secure2trust provides many great features for document rights management across the enterprise
EMC Documentum IRM (Information Rights Management) brings complete document control and the ever-changing needs of users into one product.
LockLizard Safeguard PDF Security provides document rights management for PDF files.
Provides a vast range of document protection across several applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio and Adobe Acrobat.
Designed for the ever-developing world of e-commerce.
There are two key tests to apply when checking if an email is spam, says Martin Lee, MessageLabs.
SC Magazine Articles
- Brexit shakeup: How will the U.K.'s exit from the EU affect the technology sector?
- Blasphemy! Godless malware preys on nearly 90 percent of Android devices
- 'Password attacks' continue; Citrix becomes latest victim
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- Dangerous connections: Risky LinkedIn behavior runs rampant, finds survey
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- IRS implements new authentication safeguards
- Darktrace boss says we are living in a "golden age of criminality"
- UK Cyber-security after Brexit: May not be as bad as it first appears
- Industry, privacy groups: EU and U.S. Privacy Shield changes unlikely to ease concerns
- District court judge: FBI's hacking trick does not require warrant