IT Forensics Reviews
WHAT: Solid performance and versatility with a complete investigation-centered focus.
PRICE: UFED 4PC Ultimate starts at $9,000; UFED Link Analysis starts at $2,499; UFED Cloud Analyzer starts at $4,900; UFED Pro CLX, which contains all three, starts at $15,999. Contact cellebrite.
WHAT: Unique visualization and excellent analytics.
PRICE: Two-year contract is $180,000.
WHAT: Passcode bypass and extraction, and app support.
WHAT: The most solid, complete digital forensics case management tool available.
PRICE: $1,875 per seat.
VENDOR: Distil Networks
WHAT: Solid analytics and good presentation in the user interface.
PRICE: Starts at $300 per month.
VENDOR: Guidance Software, Inc
WHAT: Traditional enCase quality enhanced with add-in modules and ties to third-party integrations.
WHAT: Excellent imager with lots of bells and whistles. The only imager you’ll ever need.
PRICE: $1,549 ($1,699 with pelican case).
VENDOR: ADF Solutions
WHAT: SearchPaks and profiles, usable by lower-skilled users in the field without sacrificing quality of data collected. Training videos in place of simple help files.
PRICE: ADF Triage-G2 – three-year year license: $4,148; ADF Triage-Examiner – one-year license: $1,448; ADF Triage-Responder – one-year license: $998.
WHAT: Well-integrated suite of tools that can be used together or separately following the investigator’s preferences for developing digital forensic evidence.
PRICE: AD Triage: $1,500, FTK: $4,995 (Cerberus expansion module adds $2,400); MPE+: $2,495 annually, nFIELD: $1,995 annually.
WHAT: Threat intelligence appliance that ties the Norse DarkMatter infrastructure to your network.
PRICE: Varies depending on deployment.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought