Most Recent Articles by Jack Rogers
The Department of Homeland Security's second massive cybersecurity exercise has revealed improved preparedness across IT infrastructures and government agencies, compared to the first "Cyber Storm" in 2006, according to the acting director of DHS's National Cybersecurity Division.
A U.S. District Court of Delaware jury has found that Secure Computing, and its subsidiaries CyberGuard and Webwasher, infringed three patents that Finjan Software created over the past decade.
Security experts have expressed skepticism that recent recommendations from ICANN for combatting fast-flux hosting will do much to stop the practice, which is utilized by criminal bot herders to mask their activities.
A new wave of "3D screensaver" spam is directing recipients to a malware site from a notorious malware gang that had ceased activity in January after their site was attack by a rival group of cybercriminals, researchers at Sunbelt reported.
A federal judge's decision last week to reverse his own ruling and lift what he had declared was a "permanent" injunction shutting the Wikileaks.org site for posting bank documents has been hailed by civil liberties lawyers as an important benchmark in applying First Amendment protections to such sites.
More Articles by Jack Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- Logjam attack exposes data passed over TLS connections
- Google releases Chrome 43, addresses 37 bugs
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Senate fails to pass USA Freedom Act; McConnell moves for revote of Patriot Act extension
- Android ransomware distributed to English speakers in spam campaign
- Site operator sentenced to 13 months for facilitating prostitution
- ISA presses for data to shape cyber security policy, encourages use of NIST framework
- Former Jacobi Medical Center employee improperly emails patient data