Most Recent Articles by Jack Rogers
The Department of Homeland Security's second massive cybersecurity exercise has revealed improved preparedness across IT infrastructures and government agencies, compared to the first "Cyber Storm" in 2006, according to the acting director of DHS's National Cybersecurity Division.
A U.S. District Court of Delaware jury has found that Secure Computing, and its subsidiaries CyberGuard and Webwasher, infringed three patents that Finjan Software created over the past decade.
Security experts have expressed skepticism that recent recommendations from ICANN for combatting fast-flux hosting will do much to stop the practice, which is utilized by criminal bot herders to mask their activities.
A new wave of "3D screensaver" spam is directing recipients to a malware site from a notorious malware gang that had ceased activity in January after their site was attack by a rival group of cybercriminals, researchers at Sunbelt reported.
A federal judge's decision last week to reverse his own ruling and lift what he had declared was a "permanent" injunction shutting the Wikileaks.org site for posting bank documents has been hailed by civil liberties lawyers as an important benchmark in applying First Amendment protections to such sites.
More Articles by Jack Rogers
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack
- Uber prevents fraud and protects driver accounts with selfies
- Presidential debate 2016: Candidates pledge cyber investment, differ on Russia
- Yahoo faces congressional action and class action lawsuits following historic data breach
- Case study: Hawaiian Telcom says aloha to AlienVault security management