Most Recent Articles by Jack Rogers
The Department of Homeland Security's second massive cybersecurity exercise has revealed improved preparedness across IT infrastructures and government agencies, compared to the first "Cyber Storm" in 2006, according to the acting director of DHS's National Cybersecurity Division.
A U.S. District Court of Delaware jury has found that Secure Computing, and its subsidiaries CyberGuard and Webwasher, infringed three patents that Finjan Software created over the past decade.
Security experts have expressed skepticism that recent recommendations from ICANN for combatting fast-flux hosting will do much to stop the practice, which is utilized by criminal bot herders to mask their activities.
A new wave of "3D screensaver" spam is directing recipients to a malware site from a notorious malware gang that had ceased activity in January after their site was attack by a rival group of cybercriminals, researchers at Sunbelt reported.
A federal judge's decision last week to reverse his own ruling and lift what he had declared was a "permanent" injunction shutting the Wikileaks.org site for posting bank documents has been hailed by civil liberties lawyers as an important benchmark in applying First Amendment protections to such sites.
More Articles by Jack Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Malware on Lime Crime website, payment cards compromised
- Florida law enforcement docs show widespread stingray use, secrecy
- After Superfish-Lenovo incident, Facebook probes larger issue of SSL-sniffing adware
- Gemalto investigates claims that gov't spies hacked SIM card encryption keys
- Disconnect yawns between CISOs, exec leadership, study says
- Carbanak APT campaign made off with $1B from banks globally
- BMW issues security patch for bug allowing attackers physical access into vehicles
- NIST requests final comments on ICS security guide
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- Microsoft phishing emails target corporate users, deliver malware that evades sandboxes
- Report: Majority of health-related websites leak data to third parties
- State breakdowns: Anthem breach by the numbers
- Botnet of Joomla servers furthers DDoS-for-hire scheme
- Study: SMBs lack thorough understanding of state data breach notification laws