Most Recent Articles by Jim Carr
Small- and medium-sized enterprises are often ignored by security vendors, and contend with unsavvy users a lot.
Integrating the networking and IT security staffs delivers operational benefits, but comes with challenges, reports Jim Carr.
In what one security researcher called a broad-based set of releases, Microsoft on Tuesday unleashed seven patches, three for critical vulnerabilities, in its June Patch Tuesday round of bug fixes.
While the throngs are going crazy about the new iPhone's lower cost and faster download speeds, IT professionals are gearing up for more security headaches from the Apple's latest smart phone.
The Department of Homeland Security has named Mischel Kwon, the chief IT security technologist for the U.S. Department of Justice, as the new head of its U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
More Articles by Jim Carr
Most Recent Blog Posts
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context