Most Recent Articles by Jim Carr
Small- and medium-sized enterprises are often ignored by security vendors, and contend with unsavvy users a lot.
Integrating the networking and IT security staffs delivers operational benefits, but comes with challenges, reports Jim Carr.
In what one security researcher called a broad-based set of releases, Microsoft on Tuesday unleashed seven patches, three for critical vulnerabilities, in its June Patch Tuesday round of bug fixes.
While the throngs are going crazy about the new iPhone's lower cost and faster download speeds, IT professionals are gearing up for more security headaches from the Apple's latest smart phone.
The Department of Homeland Security has named Mischel Kwon, the chief IT security technologist for the U.S. Department of Justice, as the new head of its U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
More Articles by Jim Carr
Most Recent Blog Posts
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Study: Open Source Software use increasing in enterprises but without vulnerability monitoring
- RSA 2015: Tension continues to grow between govt, cryptographers
- 'Aaron's Law' returns to Congress
- Data at risk for 9,000 individuals following unauthorized access to SRI Inc. website
- CozyDuke APT group believed to have targeted White House and State Department
- Study: Conficker declared top threat of 2014, but N. America targeted mainly by AnglerEK
- RSA 2015: Straight talk about encryption, bulk surveillance and IoT
- RSA 2015: In the healthcare industry, security must innovate with business
- RSA 2015: Unintended use of aircraft systems next challenge for counterterrorism community
- RSA 2015: Bug hunting and responsible vulnerability disclosure