Most Recent Articles by Jim Carr
Small- and medium-sized enterprises are often ignored by security vendors, and contend with unsavvy users a lot.
Integrating the networking and IT security staffs delivers operational benefits, but comes with challenges, reports Jim Carr.
In what one security researcher called a broad-based set of releases, Microsoft on Tuesday unleashed seven patches, three for critical vulnerabilities, in its June Patch Tuesday round of bug fixes.
While the throngs are going crazy about the new iPhone's lower cost and faster download speeds, IT professionals are gearing up for more security headaches from the Apple's latest smart phone.
The Department of Homeland Security has named Mischel Kwon, the chief IT security technologist for the U.S. Department of Justice, as the new head of its U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
More Articles by Jim Carr
Most Recent Blog Posts
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- 'GHOST' bug in Linux library enables remote takeover of victim's system
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Report: From Q3 to Q4, 90 percent increase in global DDoS attacks observed
- Researchers observe databases being encrypted, websites held for ransom
- ZeroAccess botnet reactivates, click fraud activity resumes
- BCBS of Tennessee shares personal data on 80K in marketing campaign
- Tips for organizations in the wake of the biggest corporate hack in history