Most Recent Articles by Jim Carr
Small- and medium-sized enterprises are often ignored by security vendors, and contend with unsavvy users a lot.
Integrating the networking and IT security staffs delivers operational benefits, but comes with challenges, reports Jim Carr.
In what one security researcher called a broad-based set of releases, Microsoft on Tuesday unleashed seven patches, three for critical vulnerabilities, in its June Patch Tuesday round of bug fixes.
While the throngs are going crazy about the new iPhone's lower cost and faster download speeds, IT professionals are gearing up for more security headaches from the Apple's latest smart phone.
The Department of Homeland Security has named Mischel Kwon, the chief IT security technologist for the U.S. Department of Justice, as the new head of its U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
More Articles by Jim Carr
Most Recent Blog Posts
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Boards taking more cyber seriously, driven by regulatory requirements, report finds
- Curtain closes on Ransomware Encryptor RaaS, but with master key
- BIND update fixes high-severity flaw affecting ICS, as CERT releases update to CSET tool
- ISACA programme aims to attract more women into technology professions
- End-of-support devices on networks weakening cyberdefenses, report