Most Recent Articles by Karen Epper Hoffman
What sort of punishment should befall organizations that experience a major data breach?
When it comes to corporate budgeting, it's tough all over. But few places are feeling the pinch more than the office of IT security, where compliance and data security needs seem to be growing exponentially, but budgetary allowances - not so much.
Chief security officers are trying to implement better IT security in the face of increasing breaches - and often doing it on a tight budget, reports Karen Epper Hoffman.
For organizations that suffer a data breach, the penalty typically involves a clean up and making good on the damage to their reputation. But is that enough to encourage better security controls? Karen Epper Hoffman finds out.
Veteran female executives, as well as women new to IT security, are looking to blaze their own trail, reports Karen Epper Hoffman.
More Articles by Karen Epper Hoffman
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Anonymous hacks, 'Rickrolls' ISIS
- IBM, Oracle, Cisco certification manager breached, info accessed
- Hilton Worldwide confirms malware on POS targeted payment card info
- Algebraic Eraser, the algorithm running the 'Internet of Things' is broken...again
- Sony hackers remained hidden for months due to a new toolset: Damballa