Most Recent Articles by Karen Epper Hoffman
To what extent is state-sponsored cybercrime extending the protection for hackers who operate outside U.S. borders? Karen Epper Hoffman investigates.
Like virtually all online threats, malware is increasingly finding a ripe new territory on the mobile platform, reports Karen Epper Hoffman.
Over the past quarter century, corporate information security has come into its own, reports Karen Epper Hoffman.
Big Data is altering the way organizations must manage their overall IT assets and resources, reports Karen Epper Hoffman.
Lisa Foreman has made it her mission to ensure that more women and girls not only enter the information security field, but feel at home there.
More Articles by Karen Epper Hoffman
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- Logjam attack exposes data passed over TLS connections
- Google releases Chrome 43, addresses 37 bugs
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Senate fails to pass USA Freedom Act; McConnell moves for revote of Patriot Act extension
- Android ransomware distributed to English speakers in spam campaign
- Site operator sentenced to 13 months for facilitating prostitution
- ISA presses for data to shape cyber security policy, encourages use of NIST framework
- Former Jacobi Medical Center employee improperly emails patient data