Massachusetts's Supreme Court determined that Leon Gelfgatt must decrypt four computers that were seized during his case's investigation.
A Philadelphia man entered an open guilty plea to a scam that lowered the monthly bills of 5,790 Comcast customers who each paid between $75-$100.
Lawyers for Mark Karpeles told a federal judge the Mt. Gox founder must first secure legal counsel to represent him in a Treasury Department subpoena.
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Massachusetts Eye and Ear Associates have agreed to pay $1.5 million to settle potential HIPAA violations.
A 14-member gang alleged to have used stolen identities in a tax refund scheme have been charged in five criminal complaints with conspiracy to defraud the United States and other counts of theft of government property.
Following the theft of a computer at Sutter Health in October that put the personal information of more than 4.2 million patients at risk, 11 class-action lawsuits were filed against the Sacramento, Calif.-based nonprofit.
Anonymous stayed busy on Friday with the dump of 300 GB of emails and other communications, lifted from the law firm representing a U.S. Marine who recently escaped jail time for his role in a 2005 massacre.
Experts warn the controversial anti-copyright bill, SOPA, would undermine efforts to bolster internet security through the implementation of DNSSEC.
After more than two years of litigation, a U.S. District judge has dismissed nine of the 10 causes of action brought forth as part of a class-action lawsuit by nine banks.
The Federal Trade Commission has come down hard on Facebook over allegations of "unfair and deceptive" privacy promises, and the social networking behemoth has responded by admitting to its mistakes and appointing two new privacy heads.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Regin: nation-state possibly behind the stealthy modular spying malware
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Syrian Electronic Army redirects Gigya, briefly compromises media sites on Thanksgiving Day
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say