Massachusetts's Supreme Court determined that Leon Gelfgatt must decrypt four computers that were seized during his case's investigation.
A Philadelphia man entered an open guilty plea to a scam that lowered the monthly bills of 5,790 Comcast customers who each paid between $75-$100.
Lawyers for Mark Karpeles told a federal judge the Mt. Gox founder must first secure legal counsel to represent him in a Treasury Department subpoena.
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Massachusetts Eye and Ear Associates have agreed to pay $1.5 million to settle potential HIPAA violations.
A 14-member gang alleged to have used stolen identities in a tax refund scheme have been charged in five criminal complaints with conspiracy to defraud the United States and other counts of theft of government property.
Following the theft of a computer at Sutter Health in October that put the personal information of more than 4.2 million patients at risk, 11 class-action lawsuits were filed against the Sacramento, Calif.-based nonprofit.
Anonymous stayed busy on Friday with the dump of 300 GB of emails and other communications, lifted from the law firm representing a U.S. Marine who recently escaped jail time for his role in a 2005 massacre.
Experts warn the controversial anti-copyright bill, SOPA, would undermine efforts to bolster internet security through the implementation of DNSSEC.
After more than two years of litigation, a U.S. District judge has dismissed nine of the 10 causes of action brought forth as part of a class-action lawsuit by nine banks.
The Federal Trade Commission has come down hard on Facebook over allegations of "unfair and deceptive" privacy promises, and the social networking behemoth has responded by admitting to its mistakes and appointing two new privacy heads.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context