Lieberman Software Enterprise Random Password Manager v4.83.6
October 01, 2013
Starts at $25,000.
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Solid automated privileged password management.
- Weaknesses: Tricky deployment process.
- Verdict: Once deployed, this is a full-featured product worth considering.
The Enterprise Random Password Manager (ERPM) from Lieberman Software is more than just a random password generator. This product allows for full management of enterprise privileged accounts, ensuring that all accounts are secured with a unique and complex password. This product can automate discovery, monitoring and auditing of administrator or super-user accounts, service accounts and application-to-application passwords. Once setup, ERPM can be set to be fully automated, which eliminates the need to manually track and change privileged account passwords throughout the environment at regular intervals.
While we did find this solution to be quite easy to use and manage once set, the initial installation process requires quite a bit of effort. This tool requires several prerequisites to be in place and properly configured for the application before it can be deployed. These prerequisites include a database backend, such as Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle 11g, and Microsoft IIS configured for SSL, along with a few other minor settings. However, once the prerequisites are properly configured, installing the product itself is quite easy and mostly automated. The application is installed through an installer package that launches a short setup wizard, and once completed both the web-based and application-based management consoles are in place and the product is ready for advanced configuration.
Overall, we found this solution to contain a lot of robust features beyond simple password management. ERPM can help administrators not only automate password changes, but also ensure that password policy and regulatory requirements are met. This product allows administrators to fully discover and change default privileged passwords, maintain and ensure those passwords meet change and complexity requirements, and provide a full audit trail of account management.
Documentation included a full installation and administrator guide in PDF format. The installation guide provides an excellent amount of detail on installing and configuring both the product itself, as well as all of the prerequisite requirements. The administrator guide provides in-depth detail of advanced configuration along with how to use the product functions and features, with many screen shots and examples.
Lieberman provides no cost 16/5 phone- and 24/7 email-based technical support to all customers. Customers can also purchase additional aid through a support and maintenance contract, which includes an option for upgraded 24/7/365 phone-based technical assistance.
With a price starting at $25,000, we find this to be a good value for the money. ERPM is licensed by target system rather than user-based, which adds to its overall value. The all-inclusive pricing model includes all connectors, unlimited instances of application and management consoles, user web portals and unlimited users and administrators. This licensing model paired with the overall ease of use and automation features makes the ERPM a great investment.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- DetoxCrypto ransomware imitates Malwarebytes software
- House Committee urges Obama not to pardon Snowden
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Brexit shakeup: How will the U.K.'s exit from the EU affect the technology sector?
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace