Lieberman Software Enterprise Random Password Manager v4.83.6
October 01, 2013
Starts at $25,000.
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Solid automated privileged password management.
- Weaknesses: Tricky deployment process.
- Verdict: Once deployed, this is a full-featured product worth considering.
The Enterprise Random Password Manager (ERPM) from Lieberman Software is more than just a random password generator. This product allows for full management of enterprise privileged accounts, ensuring that all accounts are secured with a unique and complex password. This product can automate discovery, monitoring and auditing of administrator or super-user accounts, service accounts and application-to-application passwords. Once setup, ERPM can be set to be fully automated, which eliminates the need to manually track and change privileged account passwords throughout the environment at regular intervals.
While we did find this solution to be quite easy to use and manage once set, the initial installation process requires quite a bit of effort. This tool requires several prerequisites to be in place and properly configured for the application before it can be deployed. These prerequisites include a database backend, such as Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle 11g, and Microsoft IIS configured for SSL, along with a few other minor settings. However, once the prerequisites are properly configured, installing the product itself is quite easy and mostly automated. The application is installed through an installer package that launches a short setup wizard, and once completed both the web-based and application-based management consoles are in place and the product is ready for advanced configuration.
Overall, we found this solution to contain a lot of robust features beyond simple password management. ERPM can help administrators not only automate password changes, but also ensure that password policy and regulatory requirements are met. This product allows administrators to fully discover and change default privileged passwords, maintain and ensure those passwords meet change and complexity requirements, and provide a full audit trail of account management.
Documentation included a full installation and administrator guide in PDF format. The installation guide provides an excellent amount of detail on installing and configuring both the product itself, as well as all of the prerequisite requirements. The administrator guide provides in-depth detail of advanced configuration along with how to use the product functions and features, with many screen shots and examples.
Lieberman provides no cost 16/5 phone- and 24/7 email-based technical support to all customers. Customers can also purchase additional aid through a support and maintenance contract, which includes an option for upgraded 24/7/365 phone-based technical assistance.
With a price starting at $25,000, we find this to be a good value for the money. ERPM is licensed by target system rather than user-based, which adds to its overall value. The all-inclusive pricing model includes all connectors, unlimited instances of application and management consoles, user web portals and unlimited users and administrators. This licensing model paired with the overall ease of use and automation features makes the ERPM a great investment.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- 'GHOST' bug in Linux library enables remote takeover of victim's system
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Report: From Q3 to Q4, 90 percent increase in global DDoS attacks observed
- Researchers observe databases being encrypted, websites held for ransom
- ZeroAccess botnet reactivates, click fraud activity resumes
- BCBS of Tennessee shares personal data on 80K in marketing campaign
- Tips for organizations in the wake of the biggest corporate hack in history