March 01, 2007
Prices start at $1,080, including first year maintenance for a 25 user license.
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
Quick deployment and easy-to-manage email filter at a low cost.
Could become expensive for very large organizations.
An easy to use appliance that is especially well-suited for small- to medium-sized organizations.
MailMarshal features not only email content filtering ability, but also can be integrated with some third-party anti-virus and anti-spyware software, such as McAfee and CounterSpy. We also found this program to have many useful pre-defined policies and an easy to use policy engine for creating custom policies. This product also features the MailMarshal Today window that provides a quick summary of the most recent activity and statistics. Fields in the window include Mail Statistics, Inappropriate Content and Top Quarantine Folders.
We found this product to be quick to install and simple to manage. The installation took just a few minutes with the set-up wizard, and the filter was pretty much ready to go. The two interfaces used for management are the MailMarshal Configurator and the MailMarshal Console. Both these interfaces are well organized and easy to navigate with a clean look and an intuitively organized navigation tree.
The MailMarshal filter performed well under test. Just by setting a few of the pre-defined filter policies we were able to stop any harmful email or email that violated policy. Many of the pre-defined polices search the complete body text for possible violations, which makes fooling the filter quite difficult.
Documentation for this product is a large PDF user guide that includes both a live table of contents and index. This guide is loaded with easy to read installation and configuration instructions. Also included are many pre-installation or pre-configuration checklists that help immensely in deployment and management.
Marshal offers phone support globally during business hours in each of the regions, and email support for all customers. Customers receive SpamCensor updates on a weekly basis and benefit from zero-day threat mechanisms for spam and viruses to deal with major emerging threats immediately.
With prices starting at $1,080, including first year maintenance for a 25 user license, this product is applicable to organizations of almost any size, but it is particularly good for small- to mid-sized companies due to its low cost. For very large organizations, however, the product could become pricey.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- DetoxCrypto ransomware imitates Malwarebytes software
- House Committee urges Obama not to pardon Snowden
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Brexit shakeup: How will the U.K.'s exit from the EU affect the technology sector?
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace