Me and My Job
Tell us about it!
Most security pros don't get a chance in the spotlight. But, we'd like to give you a chance to share with your peers, our readers, what it is about the field that most interests you.
Each month, we compile a Q&A section in our magazine called "Me and My Job."
We interview (via email) one security-related professional - typically someone "in the trenches," such as a network administrator, systems analyst, etc. We ask them a few questions related to the challenges they face on a daily basis and how they deal with these. The goal is to provide our readers with real-life insight that can help them do their jobs better.
Here are the questions we ask each month:
- How do you describe your job to average people?
- Why did you get into IT security?
- What was one of your biggest challenges?
- What keeps you up at night?
- Of what are you most proud?
- For what would you use a magic IT security wand?
We ask the respondent keep his/her responses to 330 words total.
We'll also need a headshot: a color, high res version (300 DPI) at least 3" at its longest dimension, either a JPEG, TIFF or Photoshop EPS.
Click here for a sample column.
Send submissions or contact information to Managing Editor Greg Masters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- John McAfee points to lone woman as Ashley Madison attacker while company offers reward
- Zero-Day, Angler kit exploits help drive up malvertising by 325%
- Judge grants father in custody case access to ex-wife's Facebook profile
- IBM: Corporations could be the next target for ransomware attacks
- Report: Phishing costs average organization $3.7 million per year