Me and My Job
Tell us about it!
Most security pros don't get a chance in the spotlight. But, we'd like to give you a chance to share with your peers, our readers, what it is about the field that most interests you.
Each month, we compile a Q&A section in our magazine called "Me and My Job."
We interview (via email) one security-related professional - typically someone "in the trenches," such as a network administrator, systems analyst, etc. We ask them a few questions related to the challenges they face on a daily basis and how they deal with these. The goal is to provide our readers with real-life insight that can help them do their jobs better.
Here are the questions we ask each month:
- How do you describe your job to average people?
- Why did you get into IT security?
- What was one of your biggest challenges?
- What keeps you up at night?
- Of what are you most proud?
- For what would you use a magic IT security wand?
We ask the respondent keep his/her responses to 330 words total.
We'll also need a headshot: a color, high res version (300 DPI) at least 3" at its longest dimension, either a JPEG, TIFF or Photoshop EPS.
Click here for a sample column.
Send submissions or contact information to Managing Editor Greg Masters at email@example.com.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- DetoxCrypto ransomware imitates Malwarebytes software
- House Committee urges Obama not to pardon Snowden
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Brexit shakeup: How will the U.K.'s exit from the EU affect the technology sector?
- Ransomware attack almost sends NASCAR team to the garage