Me and My Job
Tell us about it!
Most security pros don't get a chance in the spotlight. But, we'd like to give you a chance to share with your peers, our readers, what it is about the field that most interests you.
Each month, we compile a Q&A section in our magazine called "Me and My Job."
We interview (via email) one security-related professional - typically someone "in the trenches," such as a network administrator, systems analyst, etc. We ask them a few questions related to the challenges they face on a daily basis and how they deal with these. The goal is to provide our readers with real-life insight that can help them do their jobs better.
Here are the questions we ask each month:
- How do you describe your job to average people?
- Why did you get into IT security?
- What was one of your biggest challenges?
- What keeps you up at night?
- Of what are you most proud?
- For what would you use a magic IT security wand?
We ask the respondent keep his/her responses to 330 words total.
We'll also need a headshot: a color, high res version (300 DPI) at least 3" at its longest dimension, either a JPEG, TIFF or Photoshop EPS.
Click here for a sample column.
Send submissions or contact information to Managing Editor Greg Masters at email@example.com.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!