Medical Identity Theft News, Articles and Updates
Electronic files containing the personal information of hundreds of thousands of individuals who have applied for California workers' compensation benefits were mistakenly exposed online.
Consumers are not familiar enough with the dangers of medical identity theft, according to a Ponemon study released this week.
Medical records could become compromised during transmission, on the patient's computer, or at any number of multiple points of storage.
SC Magazine Articles
- WhatsApp in the spotlight after Turkey publishes messages of coup officers
- Trump's Russian interests and Guccifer 2.0
- Russian hackers take the stage at DNC convention
- Proliferation of hacker culture helped keep Anonymous from being branded terrorist org
- 2.3 million 'Warframe,' 'Clash of Kings' accounts compromised
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild