Medical Identity Theft
Electronic files containing the personal information of hundreds of thousands of individuals who have applied for California workers' compensation benefits were mistakenly exposed online.
Consumers are not familiar enough with the dangers of medical identity theft, according to a Ponemon study released this week.
Medical records could become compromised during transmission, on the patient's computer, or at any number of multiple points of storage.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- John McAfee points to lone woman as Ashley Madison attacker while company offers reward
- Zero-Day, Angler kit exploits help drive up malvertising by 325%
- Judge grants father in custody case access to ex-wife's Facebook profile
- IBM: Corporations could be the next target for ransomware attacks
- Report: Phishing costs average organization $3.7 million per year