Medical Identity Theft
Electronic files containing the personal information of hundreds of thousands of individuals who have applied for California workers' compensation benefits were mistakenly exposed online.
Consumers are not familiar enough with the dangers of medical identity theft, according to a Ponemon study released this week.
Medical records could become compromised during transmission, on the patient's computer, or at any number of multiple points of storage.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Don't dismiss internal data breaches as minor - they aren't!
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Insider threats changing security spending, report says
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- Size and frequency of DDoS attacks increasing, annual report shows