Mergers And Acquisitions
EMC Corporation has announced the acquisition of cloud software provider Virtustream for $1.2 billion.
IBM continues to beef up its security portfolio by acquiring cloud security services provider Lighthouse Security Group.
On Tuesday it was announced that the phonemaker would purchase the voice and data encryption firm.
From new hires and acquisitions to securing millions in equity financing, this month's company news features a collection of industry moves.
In a move to bolster its Advanced Malware Protection portfolio, Cisco will acquire the New York City-based security firm specializing in malware analysis.
Yet another acquisition in the information security industry takes place as security-as-a-service provider Proofpoint has acquired Silicon Valley-based NetCitadel.
The acquisition of the Virginia-based company is expected to close during the second quarter of this year.
In a deal that is reported to be worth $225 million, the Blackstone Group will buy a majority of the stake in cyber security firm Accuvant from investment firm Sverica International.
Citing "sources familiar with the matter," independent technology news site Re/code is reported on Friday that Yahoo has tapped Alex Stamos to become its new CISO.
FireEye's shares rose by more than 30 percent on Friday following its purchase of Mandiant.
The major acquisition by the Silicon Valley-based security firm FireEye was announced on Thursday.
A compendium highlighting 2013's top mergers and acquisitions activity in the information security industry.
This month's industry news includes a new CEO at Appthority, recent funding acquired by Lookout, and Catbird's new CTO.
Personnel announcements and M&A activity: Ipanema Technologies, Kabel Deutschland, CrowdStrike, Windward IT Solutions, F5 Networks and more.
Austin-based Vista Equity Partners expects to close on the deal by the third quarter of this year.
Over the past three days, security companies announced acquisitions.
Expected to close in April, the deal will make Tripwire one of the largest security and vulnerability management vendors in the industry.
The purchase of the encryption company is further proof that Dell considers information security a critical component of its business going forward.
The acquisition is expected to close Dec. 31 for an undisclosed amount.
Cisco has acquired Milpitas, Calif.-based Virtuata, a security software start-up that safeguards virtual machine data, for an undisclosed sum.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Oracle PeopleSoft attack could enable big data breaches
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- Cyber attack on U.S. power grid could rack up $1 trillion in losses, study says
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- Report delves into RAT videos on YouTube
- Tor Project, Library Freedom Project to establish Tor exit nodes in libraries
- PagerDuty requires password change for all customers following breach
- Cisco: Attackers innovating, evading defenses in first half of 2015
- Does Windows 10 Wi-Fi Sense spell end of private wireless networks?