Mergers And Acquisitions
Iboss Cybersecurity raised $35 million from Goldman Sachs' Private Capital Investing group, in a Series A transaction that values the company in excess of $500 million.
Yahoo hired Bob Lord as the company's new CISO, according to a blog post by Jay Rossiter, SVP, product and engineering, science and technology at Yahoo.
EMC Corporation has announced the acquisition of cloud software provider Virtustream for $1.2 billion.
IBM continues to beef up its security portfolio by acquiring cloud security services provider Lighthouse Security Group.
On Tuesday it was announced that the phonemaker would purchase the voice and data encryption firm.
From new hires and acquisitions to securing millions in equity financing, this month's company news features a collection of industry moves.
In a move to bolster its Advanced Malware Protection portfolio, Cisco will acquire the New York City-based security firm specializing in malware analysis.
Yet another acquisition in the information security industry takes place as security-as-a-service provider Proofpoint has acquired Silicon Valley-based NetCitadel.
The acquisition of the Virginia-based company is expected to close during the second quarter of this year.
In a deal that is reported to be worth $225 million, the Blackstone Group will buy a majority of the stake in cyber security firm Accuvant from investment firm Sverica International.
Citing "sources familiar with the matter," independent technology news site Re/code is reported on Friday that Yahoo has tapped Alex Stamos to become its new CISO.
FireEye's shares rose by more than 30 percent on Friday following its purchase of Mandiant.
The major acquisition by the Silicon Valley-based security firm FireEye was announced on Thursday.
A compendium highlighting 2013's top mergers and acquisitions activity in the information security industry.
This month's industry news includes a new CEO at Appthority, recent funding acquired by Lookout, and Catbird's new CTO.
Personnel announcements and M&A activity: Ipanema Technologies, Kabel Deutschland, CrowdStrike, Windward IT Solutions, F5 Networks and more.
Austin-based Vista Equity Partners expects to close on the deal by the third quarter of this year.
Over the past three days, security companies announced acquisitions.
Expected to close in April, the deal will make Tripwire one of the largest security and vulnerability management vendors in the industry.
The purchase of the encryption company is further proof that Dell considers information security a critical component of its business going forward.
The acquisition is expected to close Dec. 31 for an undisclosed amount.
Cisco has acquired Milpitas, Calif.-based Virtuata, a security software start-up that safeguards virtual machine data, for an undisclosed sum.
SC Magazine Articles
- Was Spotify breached? Account info shows up on Pastebin
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Researcher finds backdoor that accessed Facebook employee passwords
- Over 7M Minecraft mobile credentials exposed after Lifeboat data breach
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- The anatomy of a spearphishing scam, or how to steal $100M with a fake email
- FBI investigating attack against computer networks at U.S. law firms
- Pros examine Mossack Fonseca breach: WordPress plugin, Drupal likely suspects
- First Choice Credit Union files class-action suit against Wendy's over breach
- Top NFL prospect Tunsil free falls in draft after apparent hacker posts damaging video, texts
- Researchers spot Android Infostealer disguised as Chrome update
- Researchers spot mobile malware competition on the black market
- Judge ruled go ahead for claims of phone hacking against UK tabloid