Messaging Security Reviews
WHAT: The WatchGuard XCS 580 (Extensible Content Security Appliance) is an easy-to-use, all-inclusive email and web appliance that provides security and privacy of inbound and outbound traffic.
PRICE: $6,500: includes hardware, one year email security, one year LiveSecurity Plus; add email encryption for $2,600 per year for up to 500 users; $3,575 annual email subscription and LiveSecurity Plus renewal; multi-year discounts available.
VENDOR: Safe-T Data
WHAT: Safe-T Box is a secure email and data exchange solution comprised of three components offering high levels of security for secure email solutions.
PRICE: $35,400 ($30,000 base plus 18 percent support).
WHAT: McAfee Email Gateway protects networks from viruses, undesirable content, spam and other threats.
PRICE: $4.75-$25 per user per year, depending on user count and term commitment.
WHAT: EdgeWave ePrism offers a complete suite of email security services.
PRICE: Ranges from $26 to $11 per user per year.
VENDOR: Barracuda Networks
WHAT: The Barracuda Spam Firewall is an integrated hardware and software solution designed to protect the email server from spam, virus, spoofing, phishing and spyware attacks.
PRICE: $3,999 (hardware), Energize Updates (provides the latest spam and virus definitions as well as provides customers with access to technical support, new firmware releases and the opportunity to participate in the Barracuda Early Release Firmware program).
WHAT: MailGate is a secure collaboration gateway appliance which combines email security and content management gateway functionality.
PRICE: Starts at $8,000, including hardware and first year’s support and maintenance.
WHAT: Full featured and easy to use.
PRICE: Starting at $1,847 with no hardware for 100 users, or $3,587 with hardware; subsequent years renewal is $1,847 for hardware or no hardware option.
VENDOR: WatchGuard Technologies
WHAT: Easy deployment, central management, comprehensive filtering and user-friendly encryption.
PRICE: $6,500 with one-year email security bundle.
VENDOR: Trend Micro
WHAT: Very easy content filtering.
PRICE: $15.01 based on 5,000 users; DLP and encryption add $9.99.
WHAT: Great for the end-user as it helps them remain cognizant of the type of information included in their messages.
PRICE: $26.95 per user based on 5,000-plus users, $6.74 yearly maintenance per seat.
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- Report on POS campaign provides peek into scalable tactics of cybercrime duo
- Yahoo! data breach likely exceeds 500 million records
- Boards taking more cyber seriously, driven by regulatory requirements, report finds
- Curtain closes on Ransomware Encryptor RaaS, but with master key
- BIND update fixes high-severity flaw affecting ICS, as CERT releases update to CSET tool