As expected, exploits taking advantage of gaping holes in Java now are growing in prominence -- and the big question is: When will Oracle patch the issue?
A new Java exploit is expected to become more widespread now that proof-of-concept code has been published. Oracle isn't scheduled to update Java until October.
A new exploit, which has made its way into the Metasploit framework, underscores the danger posed by Java vulnerabilities, which are responsible for many of today's enterprise malware threats.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- Phishing email contains Word doc, enabling macros leads to malware infection
- Critical 'Misfortune Cookie' bug puts millions of internet-connected routers at risk
- White House calls Sony hack a "serious national security matter," gov't mulls proper response