As expected, exploits taking advantage of gaping holes in Java now are growing in prominence -- and the big question is: When will Oracle patch the issue?
A new Java exploit is expected to become more widespread now that proof-of-concept code has been published. Oracle isn't scheduled to update Java until October.
A new exploit, which has made its way into the Metasploit framework, underscores the danger posed by Java vulnerabilities, which are responsible for many of today's enterprise malware threats.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Women in IT Security: 10 Power Players
- Report: Phishing costs average organization $3.7 million per year
- Scanner identifies thousands of malicious Android apps on Google Play, other markets
- Women in IT Security: Women of influence
- DARPA seeks to develop program that drastically improves DDoS defense
- DOJ issues new 'stingray' policies and begins requiring a warrant
- Outdated websites deliver TeslaCrypt via Neutrino Exploit Kit: Heimdal
- Scammers and schemers look to cash in on Ashley Madison breach
- ACLU asks DOJ to withhold funds for LAPD body cams
- A question of balance between security solutions and the people who use it