Military News, Articles and Updates
Secretary of Defense Ash Carter told the House Appropriations Committee that his department's budget request fiscal 2017 will prioritize cybersecurity.
The biggest problem with corporate information security programs and policies is the lack of standardized processes, uniform control points and comprehensive testing.
While the investigation is just beginning into the massive espionage toolkit known as Flame, which has targeted computers, mainly in Iran, it is important to consider the consequences of this malware.
Symantec confirmed late Thursday that hackers did in fact compromise a portion of its source code, but the stolen code is related to two enterprise security products that have been discontinued.
New courses in cybersecurity are being rolled out to foster the next generation of cyber warriors to defend the U.S.
A U.S. military spokeswoman said a "credential stealer," not a keylogger, was responsible, and that no missions were impacted.
SC Magazine Articles
- Cerber ransomware strain now targeting Office 365 users
- Critical infrastructure in Europe exposed to hackers
- Deal with the devil: Ransomware experiment proves you can negotiate price down
- WordPress Summer of Pwnage: 64 holes in 21 days
- Cerber ransomware C&C server shut down by research firm and CERT-Netherlands
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Brexit shakeup: How will the U.K.'s exit from the EU affect the technology sector?
- Ransomware attack almost sends NASCAR team to the garage