Secretary of Defense Ash Carter told the House Appropriations Committee that his department's budget request fiscal 2017 will prioritize cybersecurity.
The biggest problem with corporate information security programs and policies is the lack of standardized processes, uniform control points and comprehensive testing.
While the investigation is just beginning into the massive espionage toolkit known as Flame, which has targeted computers, mainly in Iran, it is important to consider the consequences of this malware.
Symantec confirmed late Thursday that hackers did in fact compromise a portion of its source code, but the stolen code is related to two enterprise security products that have been discontinued.
New courses in cybersecurity are being rolled out to foster the next generation of cyber warriors to defend the U.S.
A U.S. military spokeswoman said a "credential stealer," not a keylogger, was responsible, and that no missions were impacted.
SC Magazine Articles
- Was Spotify breached? Account info shows up on Pastebin
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Researcher finds backdoor that accessed Facebook employee passwords
- Over 7M Minecraft mobile credentials exposed after Lifeboat data breach
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- The anatomy of a spearphishing scam, or how to steal $100M with a fake email
- FBI investigating attack against computer networks at U.S. law firms
- Pros examine Mossack Fonseca breach: WordPress plugin, Drupal likely suspects
- First Choice Credit Union files class-action suit against Wendy's over breach
- Top NFL prospect Tunsil free falls in draft after apparent hacker posts damaging video, texts
- Researchers spot Android Infostealer disguised as Chrome update
- Researchers spot mobile malware competition on the black market
- Judge ruled go ahead for claims of phone hacking against UK tabloid