Military News, Articles and Updates
Secretary of Defense Ash Carter told the House Appropriations Committee that his department's budget request fiscal 2017 will prioritize cybersecurity.
The biggest problem with corporate information security programs and policies is the lack of standardized processes, uniform control points and comprehensive testing.
While the investigation is just beginning into the massive espionage toolkit known as Flame, which has targeted computers, mainly in Iran, it is important to consider the consequences of this malware.
Symantec confirmed late Thursday that hackers did in fact compromise a portion of its source code, but the stolen code is related to two enterprise security products that have been discontinued.
New courses in cybersecurity are being rolled out to foster the next generation of cyber warriors to defend the U.S.
A U.S. military spokeswoman said a "credential stealer," not a keylogger, was responsible, and that no missions were impacted.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!