Mobile security Reviews
WHAT: Strong product with the backing of a venerable player in the IT and security community.
PRICE: Starts at $52/year per user.
VENDOR: Sophos, Inc.
WHAT: For its strong feature set, value for money, ease of use and deployment, we make this our Best Buy.
PRICE: Starts at $31.50 per user on a 100 user contract – annual subscription.
WHAT: This is a real powerhouse, but it is not for the faint-hearted. Best for organizations with an IT force experienced in enterprise-level mobile device management.
PRICE: Starts at $3 per device per month for the SaaS deployment that we tested.
VENDOR: Citrix Systems, Inc.
WHAT: First-rate product for mobile application management (MAM), easy on users in a BYOD environment.
PRICE: Pricing has a lot of options based on different delivery options starting at $23, plus $5 required maintenance per device per year for annual subscriptions.
VENDOR: Sophos, Inc.
WHAT: Sophos Mobile Control is an enterprise mobility management solution which offers mobile device management, mobile application management, mobile email management, mobile content management and mobile security and compliance through an easy-to-handle, web-based user interface.
PRICE: Price starts at 31.50 per year.
VENDOR: Mobile Active Defense (MAD)
WHAT: The MECS (Mobile Enterprise Compliance and Security) server is a centrally managed enterprise-grade solution designed to extend security functions to corporate and personally-owned mobile devices.
PRICE: Price starts at $10 per device per year.
WHAT: MobileEther by iboss extends device security which marries MDM with web security in one cloud or hybrid-based platform.
PRICE: Price starts at $8 per device per year as SaaS. Appliance not required unless desired. For networks seeking to host hardware, the cost of the hardware is extended at $3,295 list one-time cost. Replacement warranties and deployment support not included.
WHAT: BES10 provides device management, security and application management for corporate and BYOD (bring your own device) BlackBerry, iOS and Android devices delivered through a single end-to-end platform.
PRICE: BES10 silver-level licenses start at $19 MSRP per year.
WHAT: Provides two-factor authentication in a consumer environment.
PRICE: Starts at about $2 per user per year and decreases with volume.
WHAT: Pinpoint Account Take Over Detection is part of a suite of Trusteer products that includes malware detection among others.
PRICE: Starts at $10,000 based on number of users registered to the protected web applications.
SC Magazine Articles
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- The Shadow Brokers' NSA hack claim unlikely, say experts
- After the breach: Settlement expected for 50M Home Depot customers
- Don't get caught by the Pokemon Go ransomware
- WikiLeaks postings of Turkish emails included active links to malware
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- After NSA leaks, a renewed interest in vulnerability disclosure
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Saving money on security software by improving cyber posture, report
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen