Mobile security Reviews
WHAT: Strong product with the backing of a venerable player in the IT and security community.
PRICE: Starts at $52/year per user.
VENDOR: Sophos, Inc.
WHAT: For its strong feature set, value for money, ease of use and deployment, we make this our Best Buy.
PRICE: Starts at $31.50 per user on a 100 user contract – annual subscription.
WHAT: This is a real powerhouse, but it is not for the faint-hearted. Best for organizations with an IT force experienced in enterprise-level mobile device management.
PRICE: Starts at $3 per device per month for the SaaS deployment that we tested.
VENDOR: Citrix Systems, Inc.
WHAT: First-rate product for mobile application management (MAM), easy on users in a BYOD environment.
PRICE: Pricing has a lot of options based on different delivery options starting at $23, plus $5 required maintenance per device per year for annual subscriptions.
VENDOR: Sophos, Inc.
WHAT: Sophos Mobile Control is an enterprise mobility management solution which offers mobile device management, mobile application management, mobile email management, mobile content management and mobile security and compliance through an easy-to-handle, web-based user interface.
PRICE: Price starts at 31.50 per year.
VENDOR: Mobile Active Defense (MAD)
WHAT: The MECS (Mobile Enterprise Compliance and Security) server is a centrally managed enterprise-grade solution designed to extend security functions to corporate and personally-owned mobile devices.
PRICE: Price starts at $10 per device per year.
WHAT: MobileEther by iboss extends device security which marries MDM with web security in one cloud or hybrid-based platform.
PRICE: Price starts at $8 per device per year as SaaS. Appliance not required unless desired. For networks seeking to host hardware, the cost of the hardware is extended at $3,295 list one-time cost. Replacement warranties and deployment support not included.
WHAT: BES10 provides device management, security and application management for corporate and BYOD (bring your own device) BlackBerry, iOS and Android devices delivered through a single end-to-end platform.
PRICE: BES10 silver-level licenses start at $19 MSRP per year.
WHAT: Provides two-factor authentication in a consumer environment.
PRICE: Starts at about $2 per user per year and decreases with volume.
WHAT: Pinpoint Account Take Over Detection is part of a suite of Trusteer products that includes malware detection among others.
PRICE: Starts at $10,000 based on number of users registered to the protected web applications.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- End-of-support devices on networks weakening cyberdefenses, report
- Android.Lockerscreen using pseudorandom passcodes to ensure payouts
- FBI investigating hacked mobile phones of Democratic officials
- 70% of IDTMs want UK gov to do more so young people enter tech field
- 69% of office professionals in the UK hoard data