Microsoft on Thursday announced that it has acquired PhoneFactor, provider of multifactor authentication technology delivered via a mobile device.
Financially minded cyber criminals are attempting to hijack corporate bank accounts at increasing rates, but they are finding less luck in actually getting money out of them, a new study shows.
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
In a potentially precedent-setting court ruling, a U.S. magistrate judge has ruled that a bank is not responsible for covering the loss of nearly $300,000 that was illegally wired out of the bank account belonging to a Maine construction company.
Five days after RSA announced that its systems were breached by a sophisticated attack, details remain scant about how customers of its SecurID two-factor authentication products may be affected.
We kick off the year with strong authentication as our theme. That includes multifactor and biometric authentication.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes