Microsoft on Thursday announced that it has acquired PhoneFactor, provider of multifactor authentication technology delivered via a mobile device.
Financially minded cyber criminals are attempting to hijack corporate bank accounts at increasing rates, but they are finding less luck in actually getting money out of them, a new study shows.
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
In a potentially precedent-setting court ruling, a U.S. magistrate judge has ruled that a bank is not responsible for covering the loss of nearly $300,000 that was illegally wired out of the bank account belonging to a Maine construction company.
Five days after RSA announced that its systems were breached by a sophisticated attack, details remain scant about how customers of its SecurID two-factor authentication products may be affected.
We kick off the year with strong authentication as our theme. That includes multifactor and biometric authentication.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- United reportedly hacked by same group that breached Anthem, OPM
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- Security concerns raised at Windows 10 roll-out
- Does Windows 10 Wi-Fi Sense spell end of private wireless networks?
- Darknet site specialising in child sex abuse material taken down
- NYU conference encourages women to pursue cybersecurity
- Modular Potao malware used to spy on targets in Ukraine, Russia
- GM says OnStar app flaw fixed, researcher says still exploitable