Microsoft on Thursday announced that it has acquired PhoneFactor, provider of multifactor authentication technology delivered via a mobile device.
Financially minded cyber criminals are attempting to hijack corporate bank accounts at increasing rates, but they are finding less luck in actually getting money out of them, a new study shows.
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
In a potentially precedent-setting court ruling, a U.S. magistrate judge has ruled that a bank is not responsible for covering the loss of nearly $300,000 that was illegally wired out of the bank account belonging to a Maine construction company.
Five days after RSA announced that its systems were breached by a sophisticated attack, details remain scant about how customers of its SecurID two-factor authentication products may be affected.
We kick off the year with strong authentication as our theme. That includes multifactor and biometric authentication.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'MEDJACK' tactic allows cyber criminals to enter healthcare networks undetected
- Samsung devices, including Galaxy S6, vulnerable to remote code execution
- Dridex banking malware spreading through new spam campaign
- U.S., China agree to cybersecurity code of conduct
- Suspicious activity on LastPass network, data compromised
- Former Georgia-Pacific sysadmin charged with damaging protected computers
- Harvard University announces network intrusion, possible data exposure
- Saboteurs leverage RIPv1 for DDoS reflection attacks
- More than 440K new Android malware strains found in Q1, study finds
- Apple releases OS X 10.10.4 and iOS 8.4, numerous bugs addressed