Microsoft on Thursday announced that it has acquired PhoneFactor, provider of multifactor authentication technology delivered via a mobile device.
Financially minded cyber criminals are attempting to hijack corporate bank accounts at increasing rates, but they are finding less luck in actually getting money out of them, a new study shows.
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
In a potentially precedent-setting court ruling, a U.S. magistrate judge has ruled that a bank is not responsible for covering the loss of nearly $300,000 that was illegally wired out of the bank account belonging to a Maine construction company.
Five days after RSA announced that its systems were breached by a sophisticated attack, details remain scant about how customers of its SecurID two-factor authentication products may be affected.
We kick off the year with strong authentication as our theme. That includes multifactor and biometric authentication.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Popular adult website XTube compromised, delivers malware
- Orgs predict $53M risk, on average, from crypto key, digital cert attacks
- Hanjuan Exploit Kit leveraged in malvertising campaign
- Report: More than 15,000 vulnerabilities in nearly 4,000 applications reported in 2014
- Amedisys notifies nearly 7,000 individuals of potential breach
- Obama orders new sanctions program to deter foreign cyber attackers
- 'Volatile Cedar' APT group spies on enterprises, focusing on Lebanese companies
- Orgs need to share info, crave more board oversight, study says
- Human error cited as leading contributor to breaches, study shows
- Nite Ize website attack impacts credit cards, possibly customer database