Multifactor Authentication News, Articles and Updates
Microsoft on Thursday announced that it has acquired PhoneFactor, provider of multifactor authentication technology delivered via a mobile device.
Financially minded cyber criminals are attempting to hijack corporate bank accounts at increasing rates, but they are finding less luck in actually getting money out of them, a new study shows.
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
In a potentially precedent-setting court ruling, a U.S. magistrate judge has ruled that a bank is not responsible for covering the loss of nearly $300,000 that was illegally wired out of the bank account belonging to a Maine construction company.
Five days after RSA announced that its systems were breached by a sophisticated attack, details remain scant about how customers of its SecurID two-factor authentication products may be affected.
We kick off the year with strong authentication as our theme. That includes multifactor and biometric authentication.
SC Magazine Articles
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Spearphishing attack nets $495K from investment firm
- Updated: Gmail, Yahoo email credentials among millions found on the dark web
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Organizations need formal vendor risk management programs, study
- 2.5K Twitter accounts hacked to spread links to adult content
- Study: Federal agencies still lack strong cyber hygiene practices
- Petya and Mischa - the Ransomware Twins (sort of)
- Bad guys update ransomware DMA Locker with version 4.0
- Lieu, Hurd urge colleagues to use encryption, improve cyber hygiene