Network Box v3.2
September 09, 2009
Network Box USA, Inc.Product:
from $2,200 first year
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Fully managed UTM device with a lot of functionality.
- Weaknesses: Can become quite expensive depending on environment.
- Verdict: A bit pricey, but comprehensive functionality.
The Network Box managed service features a UTM appliance that includes three firewalls, three IDS/IPS systems, VPNs, anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spyware, anti-spam and content filtering. This appliance is monitored, managed and updated in real time, 24/7, from the Network Box security operating centers (SOCs).
The Network Box UTM arrives already pre-configured and ready to go. The customer just has to plug it into the network and the system is up and running. Customers can view events and network statistics via an intuitive web interface on the appliance. This GUI also shows the status of the installed modules.
Network Box updates all the boxes worldwide with new signatures within less than 20 seconds of when that signature becomes available. This keeps customers up to date automatically. The Network Box staff at the SOCs monitor systems for overall system health, as well as attack data, so customers can be sure that the Network Box appliance is always up and running properly.
Documentation provided with the Network Box service includes user guides for the main portal and mail portal, as well as an iPhone app user guide. The portal user guides give an in-depth overview of the portal features and navigation, complete with step-by-step instructions and many screen shots and examples. There is also a GUI guide that provides additional information on advanced configuration.
Service and support are included. This includes 24/7 monitoring and technical support available by phone and email. Customers can also use an online ticketing system where they can logon to report issues or request changes.
Cost for this service can vary greatly depending on customer need. The service can start at an initial cost of $2,200 for the first year, with a recurring cost of $750 for each additional year of service, but can also go as high as $66,000 for the first year and $30,000 for renewal. The pricing model is based on type of box and services. We find that for most environments, this product offers a solid value for the money as it can be set up to be a fully managed UTM device.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Website observed serving 83 executable files, more than 50 percent malware
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- TeslaCrypt used to extort over $76K in recent months
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes
- Researchers publish developer guidance for medical device security
- Senate gears up for Saturday USA Freedom Act vote; House breaks for recess
- Researchers observe SVG files being used to distribute ransomware
- Federal prosecutors charge Chinese nationals with trade secret theft