Network Box v3.2
September 09, 2009
Network Box USA, Inc.Product:
from $2,200 first year
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Fully managed UTM device with a lot of functionality.
- Weaknesses: Can become quite expensive depending on environment.
- Verdict: A bit pricey, but comprehensive functionality.
The Network Box managed service features a UTM appliance that includes three firewalls, three IDS/IPS systems, VPNs, anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spyware, anti-spam and content filtering. This appliance is monitored, managed and updated in real time, 24/7, from the Network Box security operating centers (SOCs).
The Network Box UTM arrives already pre-configured and ready to go. The customer just has to plug it into the network and the system is up and running. Customers can view events and network statistics via an intuitive web interface on the appliance. This GUI also shows the status of the installed modules.
Network Box updates all the boxes worldwide with new signatures within less than 20 seconds of when that signature becomes available. This keeps customers up to date automatically. The Network Box staff at the SOCs monitor systems for overall system health, as well as attack data, so customers can be sure that the Network Box appliance is always up and running properly.
Documentation provided with the Network Box service includes user guides for the main portal and mail portal, as well as an iPhone app user guide. The portal user guides give an in-depth overview of the portal features and navigation, complete with step-by-step instructions and many screen shots and examples. There is also a GUI guide that provides additional information on advanced configuration.
Service and support are included. This includes 24/7 monitoring and technical support available by phone and email. Customers can also use an online ticketing system where they can logon to report issues or request changes.
Cost for this service can vary greatly depending on customer need. The service can start at an initial cost of $2,200 for the first year, with a recurring cost of $750 for each additional year of service, but can also go as high as $66,000 for the first year and $30,000 for renewal. The pricing model is based on type of box and services. We find that for most environments, this product offers a solid value for the money as it can be set up to be a fully managed UTM device.
SC Magazine Articles
- Cerber ransomware strain now targeting Office 365 users
- Critical infrastructure in Europe exposed to hackers
- Deal with the devil: Ransomware experiment proves you can negotiate price down
- WordPress Summer of Pwnage: 64 holes in 21 days
- Cerber ransomware C&C server shut down by research firm and CERT-Netherlands
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Brexit shakeup: How will the U.K.'s exit from the EU affect the technology sector?
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- WhatsApp in the spotlight after Turkey publishes messages of coup officers
- For the incoming federal CISO: Focus on the human side of cybersecurity
- Audit: FBI's threat prioritization process too subjective and sluggish
- 2.3 million 'Warframe,' 'Clash of Kings' accounts compromised
- MS-ISAC official: Ransomware top priority