Network Box v3.2
September 09, 2009
Network Box USA, Inc.Product:
from $2,200 first year
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Fully managed UTM device with a lot of functionality.
- Weaknesses: Can become quite expensive depending on environment.
- Verdict: A bit pricey, but comprehensive functionality.
The Network Box managed service features a UTM appliance that includes three firewalls, three IDS/IPS systems, VPNs, anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spyware, anti-spam and content filtering. This appliance is monitored, managed and updated in real time, 24/7, from the Network Box security operating centers (SOCs).
The Network Box UTM arrives already pre-configured and ready to go. The customer just has to plug it into the network and the system is up and running. Customers can view events and network statistics via an intuitive web interface on the appliance. This GUI also shows the status of the installed modules.
Network Box updates all the boxes worldwide with new signatures within less than 20 seconds of when that signature becomes available. This keeps customers up to date automatically. The Network Box staff at the SOCs monitor systems for overall system health, as well as attack data, so customers can be sure that the Network Box appliance is always up and running properly.
Documentation provided with the Network Box service includes user guides for the main portal and mail portal, as well as an iPhone app user guide. The portal user guides give an in-depth overview of the portal features and navigation, complete with step-by-step instructions and many screen shots and examples. There is also a GUI guide that provides additional information on advanced configuration.
Service and support are included. This includes 24/7 monitoring and technical support available by phone and email. Customers can also use an online ticketing system where they can logon to report issues or request changes.
Cost for this service can vary greatly depending on customer need. The service can start at an initial cost of $2,200 for the first year, with a recurring cost of $750 for each additional year of service, but can also go as high as $66,000 for the first year and $30,000 for renewal. The pricing model is based on type of box and services. We find that for most environments, this product offers a solid value for the money as it can be set up to be a fully managed UTM device.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- DetoxCrypto ransomware imitates Malwarebytes software
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- House Committee urges Obama not to pardon Snowden
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks
- OpenSSL patches 14 vulns, including high-severity flaw that can be exploited for DoS attacks
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Cities planning transparency laws for police surveillance tech
- Malicious apps leveraging top UK brands has increased by 130%