Network Box v3.2
September 09, 2009
Network Box USA, Inc.Product:
from $2,200 first year
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Fully managed UTM device with a lot of functionality.
- Weaknesses: Can become quite expensive depending on environment.
- Verdict: A bit pricey, but comprehensive functionality.
The Network Box managed service features a UTM appliance that includes three firewalls, three IDS/IPS systems, VPNs, anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spyware, anti-spam and content filtering. This appliance is monitored, managed and updated in real time, 24/7, from the Network Box security operating centers (SOCs).
The Network Box UTM arrives already pre-configured and ready to go. The customer just has to plug it into the network and the system is up and running. Customers can view events and network statistics via an intuitive web interface on the appliance. This GUI also shows the status of the installed modules.
Network Box updates all the boxes worldwide with new signatures within less than 20 seconds of when that signature becomes available. This keeps customers up to date automatically. The Network Box staff at the SOCs monitor systems for overall system health, as well as attack data, so customers can be sure that the Network Box appliance is always up and running properly.
Documentation provided with the Network Box service includes user guides for the main portal and mail portal, as well as an iPhone app user guide. The portal user guides give an in-depth overview of the portal features and navigation, complete with step-by-step instructions and many screen shots and examples. There is also a GUI guide that provides additional information on advanced configuration.
Service and support are included. This includes 24/7 monitoring and technical support available by phone and email. Customers can also use an online ticketing system where they can logon to report issues or request changes.
Cost for this service can vary greatly depending on customer need. The service can start at an initial cost of $2,200 for the first year, with a recurring cost of $750 for each additional year of service, but can also go as high as $66,000 for the first year and $30,000 for renewal. The pricing model is based on type of box and services. We find that for most environments, this product offers a solid value for the money as it can be set up to be a fully managed UTM device.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Regin: nation-state possibly behind the stealthy modular spying malware
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards