Network Security Appliance
Sophos on Friday announced plans to acquire private network security firm Astaro for an undisclosed sum. Astaro, founded in 2000 and headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany and Wilmington, Mass., is the world's fourth largest provider of unified threat management (UTM) solutions, Sophos said in a news release. Such technology offers multiple security functions, including network, web, mail and web application protection, through a single platform. Astaro's portfolio will bolster Sophos' existing endpoint, mobile, email, web and data protection capabilities, the company said.
Vivek Kundra, the federal CIO appointed by President Obama in March, announced on Tuesday a cloud computing initiative designed to cut spending on government data centers, but maintain a high level of security.
A new report says web application firewalls and intrusion prevention systems are necessary technologies for many businesses, but intrusion detection systems and network behavior anomaly detection technologies are declining in popularity.
Sidney Gellineau, CIO, NYC Transit, embraces the original vision of NAC - to vet unmanaged guest devices, reports Dan Kaplan.
McAfee announced plans Monday to acquire Secure Computing for $465 million.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Regin: nation-state possibly behind the stealthy modular spying malware
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards