Network Security Appliance
Sophos on Friday announced plans to acquire private network security firm Astaro for an undisclosed sum. Astaro, founded in 2000 and headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany and Wilmington, Mass., is the world's fourth largest provider of unified threat management (UTM) solutions, Sophos said in a news release. Such technology offers multiple security functions, including network, web, mail and web application protection, through a single platform. Astaro's portfolio will bolster Sophos' existing endpoint, mobile, email, web and data protection capabilities, the company said.
Vivek Kundra, the federal CIO appointed by President Obama in March, announced on Tuesday a cloud computing initiative designed to cut spending on government data centers, but maintain a high level of security.
A new report says web application firewalls and intrusion prevention systems are necessary technologies for many businesses, but intrusion detection systems and network behavior anomaly detection technologies are declining in popularity.
Sidney Gellineau, CIO, NYC Transit, embraces the original vision of NAC - to vet unmanaged guest devices, reports Dan Kaplan.
McAfee announced plans Monday to acquire Secure Computing for $465 million.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes