Of the more than 1,100 students affected by a breach at a Montana high school nearly 200 are alumni and at least two are deceased.
The Rockville, Md.- based landscape services firm Brightview, formerly called The Brickman Group, said an employee fell for a phishing scam and sent the personal information of about 700 workers to an unknown party.
The creators of the DMA Locker ransomware released an updated version that now includes several improvements.
Wendy's found malware on the systems at some restaurants under investigation after unusual activity was reported on customers' payment card accounts.
Google issued a Chrome update to address Windows, Mac, and Linux vulnerabilities that would allow attackers to take control of affected systems.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration may not have gone so far as to call the software controliong the Google car human, but the agency did allow it can be viewed as the driver.
A proposed bill in front of Utah lawmakers would make doxing a crime that carries a six-month prison sentence to it, but may run afoul free speech laws.
Adobe's February 2016 Patch Tuesday includes 32 fixes for various versions of Photoshop and Bridge, Flash Player, Experience Manager and Connect—many of which secure critical vulnerabilities.
Facebook users' news feeds are lighting up with a new scam, this one centered on Southwest Airlines supposedly giving away hundreds of free tickets and $5,000 in cash.
The AlienSpy remote access Trojan has evolved into a cross-platform backdoor that affects Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Android operating systems.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- ENCRYPT Act, Comey testimony show stark differences toward encryption
- Third-party app stores riddled with malicious apps, Trend Micro warns
- IBM: Phishing scams a major cause of bank breaches
- Panel approves Cobert as nominee for OPM director
- F-Secure: New malvertising campaign delivers ransomware via Skype, browsers