One of the techniques malware can use to evade researchers' virtualized or sandbox environments is accessing recent documents to determine if the infected machine has a history of legitimate usage.
While it might not include the Death Star cyber warfare among the stars is almost inevitable.
Kosovo native Ardit Ferizi was sentenced in federal court in Alexandria, Va. after pleading guilty to providing aid to the Islamic State.
The Air Force is reporting progress in its mission to secure its weapons against cyberattacks.
A new bill before Congress would require that all voting machines leave a traceable paper trail and require a secure connection to the web for vote-tabulating machines to prevent electoral tampering.
Cybersecurity blog site KrebsOnSecurity was barraged Tuesday evening by an extraordinary DDoS attack boasting a bandwidth between 620 and 665 Gbps - one of the largest such attacks in history.
The Drupal Security Team issued updates for a pair of critical flaws, one allowing remote code execution and another giving access to parts of the system without full administrative permissions.
Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said there have been previous instances of Russian attempts to influence U.S. elections going back to the 1960s.
A new commercial keylogger nicknamed iSpy that is capable of snatching every keystroke and fully examining the data on an infected computer has been spotted by Zscaler being sold on underground forums for as little as $25.
Security engineer Matt Bryant posted details of North Korea's registered domains after a misconfigured nameserver revealed details.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- DetoxCrypto ransomware imitates Malwarebytes software
- House Committee urges Obama not to pardon Snowden
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks
- OpenSSL patches 14 vulns, including high-severity flaw that can be exploited for DoS attacks
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Cities planning transparency laws for police surveillance tech
- Malicious apps leveraging top UK brands has increased by 130%