IOActive, Kaspersky Lab, and the Cloud Security Alliance are among the security organizations supporting the effort.
Attackers gained access to an Internal Revenue Service system called "Get Transcript" in order to obtain information on more than 100,000 taxpayers.
More than 30 apps in the Google Play store were found to be scareware posing as Minecraft cheats.
Malicious macro writers are beginning to track their malware through images to determine how well their malware is proliferating.
U.S. authorities are investigating claims by British Uber customers that they were charged for phantom rides in the U.S.
A Friday night 57-42 vote in the Senate before the Memorial Day weekend fell short of the 60 votes needed to reauthorize Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act.
Thousands of hospital patients in at least three states may have had their personal information compromised after MML data breach.
On Tuesday, the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) published trends and findings from 2014.
House lawmakers might have had some of their personal data compromised in the confirmed CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield data breach earlier this week.
A hacker with security firm Sakurity identified a way to generate unlimited funds on Starbucks gift cards, and proved that it worked.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- Logjam attack exposes data passed over TLS connections
- Google releases Chrome 43, addresses 37 bugs
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Senate fails to pass USA Freedom Act; McConnell moves for revote of Patriot Act extension
- Android ransomware distributed to English speakers in spam campaign
- Site operator sentenced to 13 months for facilitating prostitution
- ISA presses for data to shape cyber security policy, encourages use of NIST framework
- Former Jacobi Medical Center employee improperly emails patient data