The director of the NSA stated that China, as well as "one or two" other countries, is capable of launching cyberattacks to shut down electric grids and other critical infrastructure in parts of the U.S.
Jacob Mahonri Espinal hacked into his school's computer system to bring his grades up from academic probation status to straight As.
Two telemarketing operations conned thousands of customers by tricking them into buying into tech support services for computer problems that didn't exist.
Earlier this month, it was revealed that DOJ uses "dirtboxes" attached to aircrafts to spy on Americans' mobile devices.
The EFF, Amnesty International and other organizations are lending support to Detekt, an open source spyware detection tool.
Researchers at Kaspersky Lab said the first trojan banker, published by "Governo Federal," was predictable.
An advisory was issued on Wednesday regarding a denial-of-service vulnerability in Drupal 7 and a session hijacking flaw in Drupal 6 and 7.
Panelists at the closing keynote at SC Congress 2014 in Chicago urged attendees to work with the FBI to unravel breaches.
Researchers at McAfee have identified a new attack that exploit a Microsoft Word ActiveX control vulnerability.
The popular messaging app announced on Tuesday that it has already begun encrypting users' messages.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context