Researcher Lukasz Olejnik claims Ambient Light Sensors in personal devices could be used to track users and even measure the size of their homes.
A family of malware targeting Internet of Things (IoT) devices to create distributed denial of service (DDoS) botnets has been detected.
A letter has gone out to customers of Jerry's Artarama advising that its online portal "may have been attacked" by a hacker and customer information "may have been compromised."
The Federal Trade Commission warned consumers to be careful when using the infotainment systems of rental cars.
FBI Director James Comey reached out to businesses asking for his agency to be included in their cybersecurity plans and broached the lightning rod topic of encryption during a speech at the 2016 Symantec Government Symposium.
Adobe today has released security hotfixes for a critical information disclosure vulnerability that exists in ColdFusion versions 10 and 11, across all platforms.
As with KeRanger, a malicious block of code added to the Transmission app's main function is used to spread Keydnap.
Troy Hunt, an Australian researcher, tweeted out a warning of a dump of some 71,000 user accounts leaked from MinecraftWorldMap.com.
Seven D-Link network attached storage (NAS) devices are vulnerable to an XSS defect that can be exploited without the user downloading malware or clicking on a malicious link, a researcher found.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Voter databases in two states breached by foreign hackers, FBI
- Ransomware: The evolution of cybercrime, a roundtable
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!
- SWIFT warns of new attacks, pushes for security upgrades
- Paypal users targeted in new angler phishing scam, Proofpoint report
- Dropbox commended for its handling of massive data breach involving 68M users
- Google refuses to patch alleged login page flaw
- RIPPER malware suspected behind $350K Thailand ATM heist, report