A five-month-long campaign against organizations in India shows the group is active and evolving, SophosLab reports.
The rules, approved Thursday, ban ISPs from charging for internet "fast lanes," or blocking legal internet services.
Bug bounty hunters reported 17,011 vulnerabilities to Facebook in 2014, marking a 16 percent increase in submissions.
In a poll that surveyed 1,008 U.S. adults, GFI found that the fear of a cybersecurity attack has increased significantly over the past year.
The enterprise software flaws could allow attackers to access customer data, financial info and other critical data at companies.
The retailer's Q4 and whole year earnings reports show that insurance picked up the tab for $46 million of the $191 million in expenditures.
Pwnium, an annual Google bug bounty event, is being canceled and replaced by rewards given out throughout the year.
Michael DeCesare has left Intel Security to take the helm at ForeScout.
Intrusions detected in 2010 and 2011 may be related to surveillance efforts revealed in Snowden leaks, the company said.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Malware on Lime Crime website, payment cards compromised
- Florida law enforcement docs show widespread stingray use, secrecy
- After Superfish-Lenovo incident, Facebook probes larger issue of SSL-sniffing adware
- Gemalto investigates claims that gov't spies hacked SIM card encryption keys
- Disconnect yawns between CISOs, exec leadership, study says
- Carbanak APT campaign made off with $1B from banks globally
- BMW issues security patch for bug allowing attackers physical access into vehicles
- NIST requests final comments on ICS security guide
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- Microsoft phishing emails target corporate users, deliver malware that evades sandboxes
- Report: Majority of health-related websites leak data to third parties
- State breakdowns: Anthem breach by the numbers
- Botnet of Joomla servers furthers DDoS-for-hire scheme
- Study: SMBs lack thorough understanding of state data breach notification laws