Cisco released software updates to address a vulnerability that can lead to system instability or a denial-of-service condition.
An attacker compromised a privileged account on Mozilla's Bugzilla bug tracker tool and used the gleaned information to exploit a critical bug.
Former Tesla engineer faces federal charges for computer intrusion for allegedly hacking his manages email to leak employee data.
In a story seemingly straight out of a scfi novel, Kaspersky Labs implanted a 2mm sub-dermal microchip into the hand of one of its employees that can carry a plethora of personal data, and like all such devices, can be hacked.
Hewlett-Packard pulled its sponsorship of the Pwn2Own hacking competition this year over confusion about the Wassenaar Arrangement and difficulty in meeting its standards.
A court tossed out a $1.2 million lawsuit filed by Norma Lozano against UCLA Health System after her medical information was accessed and distributed without authorization.
A Fayetteville, N.C., teenager is facing five felony charges for possessing nude photos of himself and one sent by his girlfriend.
A self-described computer specialist is claiming to have 32,000 of Hillary Clinton's private emails for sale at $500,000 or to the highest bidder.
The Carbanak malware and Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) campaign, which facilitated the heist of $1 billion from banks around the world earlier this year, is back with its first new variant.
Sony Pictures Entertainment sidestepped a class action suit by reaching a settlement with former employees whose information was exposed in a high-profile breach.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Nearly 90 percent of Android devices vulnerable to endless reboot bug
- Women in IT Security: 10 Power Players
- Scanner identifies thousands of malicious Android apps on Google Play, other markets
- Report: Phishing costs average organization $3.7 million per year
- Women in IT Security: Women of influence
- DOJ issues new 'stingray' policies and begins requiring a warrant
- Outdated websites deliver TeslaCrypt via Neutrino Exploit Kit: Heimdal
- Scammers and schemers look to cash in on Ashley Madison breach
- ACLU asks DOJ to withhold funds for LAPD body cams
- A question of balance between security solutions and the people who use it