The Maine resident filed a $5 million class-action lawsuit against Anthem, alleging the company did not take measures to protect data.
British law enforcement arrested 56 people, including a man accused of hacking the U.S. Department of Defense, this past week in operations targeting alleged cybercrime perpetrators.
Adobe's new web application vulnerability disclosure program will reward researchers with a boosted reputation score on HackerOne.
Credit card data from the Target and Home Depot breaches has been used by attackers to make purchases at Apple stores via the popular Apple Pay system.
The smartphone was verified to be a legitimate device by major smartphone distributor Xiaomi.
Although the government wrote that its changed its National Security Letter policy, an unsealed court document alludes to a process not yet being in place.
Chrome 41 was promoted to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux on Tuesday.
The official Android app of the event contains some flaws that could allow spammers to easily scrape data belonging to conference attendees.
The Online Trust Alliance (OTA) wrote a letter to Congress earlier this week in response to the recently proposed Personal Data Notification & Protection Act.
A researcher notified D-Link of vulnerabilities in one router, and D-Link then expanded the investigation to a number of other devices.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- New SSL/TLS vulnerability, FREAK, puts secure communications at risk
- Report: Majority of health-related websites leak data to third parties
- Researchers investigate link between Axiom spy group, Anthem breach
- Natural Grocers investigating unauthorized access to POS systems
- Spammers leverage DMARC to more successfully distribute ransomware
- Financial cybercrime landscape changing, experts say
- Google counsel talks privacy, innovation
- Indictment reveals theft of one billion email addresses from ESPs, three charged
- Clinton's use of private email spawns security, transparency debate
- Android 'Gazon' worm proliferates through texts, infects more than 4k phones