Researchers at Trend Micro have discovered a scheme where criminals are using Facebook to distribute malware disguised as a Google Chrome video installer file.
EMC Corporation has announced the acquisition of cloud software provider Virtustream for $1.2 billion.
For four days in March, attackers launched cyber assault on Iran's oil ministry but were rebuffed by country's Cyber Police (FATA).
The Angler Exploit Kit is exploiting an already patched vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player, CVE-2015-3090.
In a scathing opinion piece, GNU guru Richard Stallman denounced the prevalence of malware and urged users to fight back.
IOActive, Kaspersky Lab, and the Cloud Security Alliance are among the security organizations supporting the effort.
Attackers gained access to an Internal Revenue Service system called "Get Transcript" in order to obtain information on more than 100,000 taxpayers.
More than 30 apps in the Google Play store were found to be scareware posing as Minecraft cheats.
Malicious macro writers are beginning to track their malware through images to determine how well their malware is proliferating.
U.S. authorities are investigating claims by British Uber customers that they were charged for phantom rides in the U.S.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- Logjam attack exposes data passed over TLS connections
- Google releases Chrome 43, addresses 37 bugs
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Android ransomware distributed to English speakers in spam campaign
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- Study: Average cost of data breach is $6.5M
- Data acquired from non-IRS sources enabled access to 100K taxpayer accounts
- Ransomware threat 'Locker' has sleeper component
- Beacon Health System notifies patients of possible data compromise
- Data security in the 21st century: Essentials of solid protection