Securonix named former U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Vice Admiral Mike McConnell to the company's board of advisors.
Managed DNS services provider Infoblox acquired privately-owned threat intelligence firm IID for $45 million.
Kaspersky Lab revealed that cybercrime organizations are increasingly stealing funds from banks by employing many of same Advanced Persistent Threat tools and tactics that previously were only attributable to nation-states.
The Windows-based trojan Remtasu has switched tactics, disguising itself as a malicious application for accessing people's Facebook account credentials.
Vulnerabilities in the Graphite font processing library affects Firefox, OpenOffice, Thunderbird, Pale Moon, WorldPad and many Linux distributions.
The non-profit Internet Archive library today unveiled a virtual Malware Museum, which offers a look back at some of the hacking community's earliest attempts to infect computers.
Symantec has discovered a spam campaign targeting Portuguese-language computers specifically focusing on companies based in Brazil with the goal of stealing email accounts in order to access sensitive corporate information.
A vulnerability affecting Netgear's NMS300 ProSafe network management system allows attackers to access the directory of servers the system runs on and upload malware.
OPM acting director Beth Cobert questioned about strained relationship with the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, after receiving subpoena.
A group of hackers tried to access active accounts belonging to more than 20 million users of Taobao, Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.'s e-commerce unit.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- TaxAct breached: Customer banking and Social Security information compromised
- Dyre Trojan almost dead after 'takedown' by the Russians
- Hacker threatens to expose info on DHS, FBI employees
- Avast patches its web browser after Google finds flaw in Chromium-inspired product
- Draft bill seeks to improve U.S. military cyber warfare capabilities
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan