An intruder initially gained access to an Ars Technica web server and was then able to access a more central machine using information from a "poorly located" backup file.
Palo Alto Networks Unit 42 researchers have identified the backdoor on numerous devices, so far leaving more than 10 million users vulnerable.
The new "Onyx" family of Boleto malware is altering its tactics to infect victims' transactions and possibly cause billions of dollars in losses.
Produced by Norton and Betabrand, the READY Active jeans and Work-It blazer feature pockets lined with RFID blocking material.
Apple won a class-action lawsuit that alleged they had used a software update to ensure iPod owners could only play songs sold in the iTunes Store or downloaded from CDs.
The publication, called "Cloud Computing Service Metrics Description," is currently in a public comment phase.
The DPA warned Google that by gathering personal information on internet users to personalize ads, it has violated a Dutch privacy act.
The newly discovered malware is the first ransomware variant to go after Japanese speakers, demanding ransom fees that range from $500 to $3600.
In a letter to employees, Sony warned against fraudsters and offered free identity theft protection.
Attackers exploiting a bug in the Slider Revolution plugin to compromise WordPress websites with malware may also be targeting zero-day vulnerabilities in Firefox and Internet Explorer 11.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- House, in rush vote, passes Intelligence Authorization Act
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- U.S. accounts for most Mac OS X attacks and websites seeded with malware
- Audit shows University of Maryland security flaws remain
- White House calls Sony hack a "serious national security matter," gov't mulls proper response
- 'Spark' shares traits with Alina, JackPOS, uses AutoIt differently
- California nonprofit sues San Diego Police Department over stingray documents
- Critical 'Misfortune Cookie' bug puts millions of internet-connected routers at risk
- Securing the enterprise with the five W's of access