Microsoft announced plans on Wednesday to on expand its bug bounty program to include Project Spartan, the company's new browser, and Azure, the company's cloud platform.
Using point-to-point encryption and monitoring privileged credentials are among the point-of-sale security tips offered during a session at RSA Conference 2015
More than a dozen cybersecurity organizations met earlier this week to discuss plans to establish a framework for resolving the "shortfall of qualified people in the cybersecurity profession."
Manny Rivelo was named president and CEO of F5 Networks, an application solutions provider, this week.
The FBI issued an alert to the Federal Aviation Association (FAA) earlier this week to warn about hackers who might try to access airplane network ports, according to Wired.
Cisco issued its first transparency report earlier this week and elaborated on its procedures if it were to receive government requests for user data.
As Anonymous activity drops, iSIGHT Partner's Joe Gallop boldly predicts the demise of the hacktivist collective but says other groups are stepping up to fill the void.
Search engine giant Google received Federal Deposit Insurance Company (FDIC) backing for its mobile payments app Google Wallet.
Apple "rootpipe" vulnerability was supposedly patched in the company's most recent release, but a security researcher says differently.
The issue was identified last week and researchers worked together with plugin developers to ensure patches were ready before the problem was disclosed.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Study: Open Source Software use increasing in enterprises but without vulnerability monitoring
- RSA 2015: Tension continues to grow between govt, cryptographers
- 'Aaron's Law' returns to Congress
- Data at risk for 9,000 individuals following unauthorized access to SRI Inc. website
- CozyDuke APT group believed to have targeted White House and State Department
- Study: Conficker declared top threat of 2014, but N. America targeted mainly by AnglerEK
- RSA 2015: Straight talk about encryption, bulk surveillance and IoT
- RSA 2015: In the healthcare industry, security must innovate with business
- RSA 2015: Unintended use of aircraft systems next challenge for counterterrorism community
- RSA 2015: Bug hunting and responsible vulnerability disclosure