A Friday night 57-42 vote in the Senate before the Memorial Day weekend fell short of the 60 votes needed to reauthorize Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act.
Thousands of hospital patients in at least three states may have had their personal information compromised after MML data breach.
On Tuesday, the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) published trends and findings from 2014.
House lawmakers might have had some of their personal data compromised in the confirmed CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield data breach earlier this week.
A hacker with security firm Sakurity identified a way to generate unlimited funds on Starbucks gift cards, and proved that it worked.
A Nigerian man was sentenced to three years in prison for his role in a phishing scheme targeting U.S. government employees.
An Ohio student is under investigation for hacking into a school district server and sharing the information of at least one other student.
Hackers might have accessed and posted the information of up to 4 millions AdultFriendFinder users.
After being free on bond since summer 2014, alleged hacker Timothy French has been taken into custody to await his trial, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
Researchers wrote in a paper that UC Browser's English and Chinese versions leak personal and personally-identifiable data.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes