Selling for as little as $1, Uber login credentials have been found on the black market though the company still denies it was hacked.
A Kaspersky researcher found that the cryptocurrency's ledger can be used to store malware control mechanisms or provide access to illicit content.
Russian authorities have ramped up efforts to locate criminals spreading ATM malware Tyupkin.
A recent Verizon study found that regular testing of security systems was a compliance weak point for merchants.
Slack announced that unauthorized access was gained to a database for roughly four days in February, and suspicious activity has been detected on a small number of accounts.
A British court has dismissed Google's appeal to prevent consumers from being able to sue the company over its alleged tracking of Safari users.
The New York Times obtained a copy of the internal Citigroup report, published by the bank's cyberintelligence unit.
The U.S. Department of State is offering up to $3 million for information leading to the arrest of two men who are allegedly tied to the Carder.su cybercrime syndicate.
As part of an ad-fraud scheme, attackers are using router malware to make it so advertisements and pornography are injected into every website that uses Google Analytics.
PhishMe, Inc., a Leesburg, Va.-based phishing threat management solution provider, closed a $13 million investment in Series B funding led by Paladin Capital Group and new investor Aldrich Capital Partners.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Popular adult website XTube compromised, delivers malware
- Android vulnerability leaves apps open to malicious overwriting
- One in three of the top million websites are 'risky,' researchers find
- Orgs predict $53M risk, on average, from crypto key, digital cert attacks
- Hanjuan Exploit Kit leveraged in malvertising campaign
- Report: 71 percent of orgs were successfully attacked in 2014
- Self-deleting malware targets home routers to gather information
- 'PoSeidon' point-of-sale malware targets payment card information
- Amedisys notifies nearly 7,000 individuals of potential breach
- Report: More than 15,000 vulnerabilities in nearly 4,000 applications reported in 2014
- The best defense is a good offense: The importance of securing your endpoints
- British Airways says rewards accounts hacked, locked down
- Documents on NSA's zero-day policy provide little insight, EFF says
- GitHub on DDoS alert, efforts to curb its largest attack continue
- Shadow data: The monster that isn't just under your bed