Tax and donation information was revealed on hundreds of Canadians, some of them prominent.
A year after the massive breach at the retailer, authorities are keeping mum, but security pros say signs point to Ukrainian man.
An executive's system was reportedly infected by malware after he charged an e-cigarette purchased on eBay through his system's USB port.
The National Association of Federal Credit Unions is asking Congress to establish national data breach and notification standards for retailers.
Rebecca Richards took to Tumblr to address concerns about the NSA's activities and Edward Snowden's leaks.
The Boston-based hospital agreed to the fine related to its 2012 data breach which left information on thousands of patients vulnerable to compromise.
The company disclosed the lawsuits as part of its quarterly earnings report.
The technology company launched a new dashboard to keep users aware of devices that are linked up to their accounts.
A researcher at Symantec traced DroidJack's origins back to legitimate Android app developers and previous RATs.
The potential issue began on Monday when an image of a skeleton appeared on employee computers along with a message stating, "Hacked By #GOP."
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Regin: nation-state possibly behind the stealthy modular spying malware
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards