Wendy's found malware on the systems at some restaurants under investigation after unusual activity was reported on customers' payment card accounts.
The creators of the DMA Locker ransomware released an updated version that now includes several improvements.
Google issued a Chrome update to address Windows, Mac, and Linux vulnerabilities that would allow attackers to take control of affected systems.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration may not have gone so far as to call the software controliong the Google car human, but the agency did allow it can be viewed as the driver.
A proposed bill in front of Utah lawmakers would make doxing a crime that carries a six-month prison sentence to it, but may run afoul free speech laws.
Adobe's February 2016 Patch Tuesday includes 32 fixes for various versions of Photoshop and Bridge, Flash Player, Experience Manager and Connect—many of which secure critical vulnerabilities.
Facebook users' news feeds are lighting up with a new scam, this one centered on Southwest Airlines supposedly giving away hundreds of free tickets and $5,000 in cash.
The AlienSpy remote access Trojan has evolved into a cross-platform backdoor that affects Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Android operating systems.
The threat intelligence research organization Talos yesterday disclosed a trio of dangerous vulnerabilities that were discovered and subsequently patched in Internet-connected thermostats manufactured by HVAC company Trane.
Securonix named former U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Vice Admiral Mike McConnell to the company's board of advisors.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- Hearthstone gamers who download cheats may be cursed with malware
- Cryptowall has been a cash bonanza for criminals, failure for cops
- IRS hackers try to use stolen SSNs to generate E-file PINs
- Report: Pros urged to roll out IT projects before they are security-ready
- Security issues plague web dating software