The number of legitimate certificates used to sign malware jumped from 1,500 to more than 6,000 in only six years.
After 20 million of its dating site users' email addresses were put up for sale online, Topface tracked down the hacker behind the amassed database and paid him "an award for finding a vulnerability.
The online community website said it received 55 requests for user information in 2014 and provided some information in 58 percent of cases.
The number of infections for a malvertising campaign originating on an adult website rose by 1500 percent in a two-day period.
The newly identified attack disguises itself as a warning to parents about a new child predator who has moved into their neighborhood.
A U.S. district judge has decided to permanently end the advertising, marketing and sales tied to the spyware application.
The Chinese government will begin requiring companies who sell computer equipment to the country's banks to comply with a range of intrusive policies.
The source code sharing website will up its maximum payout from $5,000 to $10,000 in its bug bounty program's second year.
In an attempt to put the issue to rest, the agency warned businesses against blocking guests' personal hotspots.
Vladimir Drinkman, who was arrested in the Netherlands in 2012 and has been fighting extradition since, will face hacking charges in a New Jersey court.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- 'GHOST' bug in Linux library enables remote takeover of victim's system
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Report: From Q3 to Q4, 90 percent increase in global DDoS attacks observed
- Researchers observe databases being encrypted, websites held for ransom
- ZeroAccess botnet reactivates, click fraud activity resumes
- BCBS of Tennessee shares personal data on 80K in marketing campaign
- Tips for organizations in the wake of the biggest corporate hack in history