A published report states presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's private email server was probed by several hacking teams from China, Germany and South Korea after she stepped down as secretary of state in 2013.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation, (FBI) issued a warning yesterday to consumers stating that their newly-issued EMV, or chip, credit card is still vulnerable.
California passed landmark legislation on Thursday imposing new digital privacy protections and guidelines for warrants concerning data collection.
VideoSaver, a potentially unwanted program (PUP), has been detected altering default settings on users' browsers.
Researchers at Malwarebytes said the WinRAR product is not malicious after publishing a blog last week that it was vulnerable.
The Canadian Department of National Defence put a $825,000 contract up for bid to find a firm that will study how to hack an automobile and come up with a mitigating response.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will be required to put in place a formal cybersecurity strategy, following passage earlier this week of a House bill.
Twin brothers Muneeb and Sohaib Akhter were sentenced to prison by the Eastern District of Virginia for an array of offenses, including conspiracy to commit wire fraud, conspiracy to access a protected computer without authorization, conspiracy to access a government computer without authorization, and obstruction of justice.
IT security company High-Tech Bridge issued a security advisory on Wednesday for two reflected cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the Calls to Action WordPress plugin.
A bypass in the multimedia and software platform Flash, which Adobe said it patched in its last security update, has reappeared.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- FireEye: First multi-vendor ATM malware targeting cardholders
- Customer data possibly compromised in online photo store malware attack
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield announces breach, 10.5M records at risk
- CVS employee steals data on 55K Molina Healthcare members
- Backdoor in MS Outlook webmail raises security doubts
- Chinese govt. complied with U.S. request to arrest hackers
- Obama administration will not push for legislation requiring mandatory encryption
- Data Security in the 21st Century: Understanding what data to protect
- Consumers need to up password security: Darren Guccione of Keeper Security
- U.S. authorities identify Chinese companies that benefited from military cybertheft