The AlienSpy remote access Trojan has evolved into a cross-platform backdoor that affects Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Android operating systems.
The threat intelligence research organization Talos yesterday disclosed a trio of dangerous vulnerabilities that were discovered and subsequently patched in Internet-connected thermostats manufactured by HVAC company Trane.
Securonix named former U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Vice Admiral Mike McConnell to the company's board of advisors.
Managed DNS services provider Infoblox acquired privately-owned threat intelligence firm IID for $45 million.
Kaspersky Lab revealed that cybercrime organizations are increasingly stealing funds from banks by employing many of same Advanced Persistent Threat tools and tactics that previously were only attributable to nation-states.
The Windows-based trojan Remtasu has switched tactics, disguising itself as a malicious application for accessing people's Facebook account credentials.
Vulnerabilities in the Graphite font processing library affects Firefox, OpenOffice, Thunderbird, Pale Moon, WorldPad and many Linux distributions.
The non-profit Internet Archive library today unveiled a virtual Malware Museum, which offers a look back at some of the hacking community's earliest attempts to infect computers.
Symantec has discovered a spam campaign targeting Portuguese-language computers specifically focusing on companies based in Brazil with the goal of stealing email accounts in order to access sensitive corporate information.
A vulnerability affecting Netgear's NMS300 ProSafe network management system allows attackers to access the directory of servers the system runs on and upload malware.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- Microsoft's February Patch Tuesday: 13 bulletins addressing 36 vulnerabilities
- Draft Investigatory Powers Bill draws fire from Parliamentary committee
- Fast Flux Bot Nets and Fluxer - Part 1
- Corcow Trojan manipulates currency rates
- Kaspersky confirms return of Carbanak and two more banking APT groups