After meeting with U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew, Chinese officials put a hold on restrictions that would require tech companies to provide code and comply with audits.
In five class action suits, Premera customers accuse the insurance provider of negligence.
New research from the EU suggests that Facebook is tracking internet users' web browsing habits, even if they've opted out of the feature or haven't registered with the social media site.
Black market Evolution disappeared this month, along with $12 million in Bitcoin, as part of what is believed to be an exit scam.
Australia's Department of Immigration and Border Protection inadvertently leaked personal information of world leaders who attended the 2014 G20 Summit in Brisbane.
Selling for as little as $1, Uber login credentials have been found on the black market though the company still denies it was hacked.
A Kaspersky researcher found that the cryptocurrency's ledger can be used to store malware control mechanisms or provide access to illicit content.
Russian authorities have ramped up efforts to locate criminals spreading ATM malware Tyupkin.
A recent Verizon study found that regular testing of security systems was a compliance weak point for merchants.
Slack announced that unauthorized access was gained to a database for roughly four days in February, and suspicious activity has been detected on a small number of accounts.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Popular adult website XTube compromised, delivers malware
- Android vulnerability leaves apps open to malicious overwriting
- One in three of the top million websites are 'risky,' researchers find
- Orgs predict $53M risk, on average, from crypto key, digital cert attacks
- Hanjuan Exploit Kit leveraged in malvertising campaign
- Report: 71 percent of orgs were successfully attacked in 2014
- Self-deleting malware targets home routers to gather information
- 'PoSeidon' point-of-sale malware targets payment card information
- Amedisys notifies nearly 7,000 individuals of potential breach
- Report: More than 15,000 vulnerabilities in nearly 4,000 applications reported in 2014
- IBM will invest $3 billion in new IoT unit
- Infostealer Laziok targets energy companies
- 30 percent of practitioners say they would pay cyber extortionists to retrieve their data
- The best defense is a good offense: The importance of securing your endpoints
- British Airways says rewards accounts hacked, locked down