Whistleblowing organizations like WikiLeaks and accused hacktivists like Hammond are not foreign spies lusting to plunder intellectual property from U.S. corporations and government agencies in order to profit and gain a competitive advantage.
The FBI and DoJ are targeting high-level U.S. officials in hopes of learning who released classified information about Stuxnet to the press. What the government is not doing is publicly explaining why it launched Stuxnet.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Chinese govt. complied with U.S. request to arrest hackers
- Obama administration will not push for legislation requiring mandatory encryption
- Data Security in the 21st Century: Understanding what data to protect
- Consumers need to up password security: Darren Guccione of Keeper Security
- U.S. authorities identify Chinese companies that benefited from military cybertheft